Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BULBS! Oct 12/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Fancy being perved on by CS nerds? Then go. Otherwise...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

What's it worth to attend...? :p

Opportunity cost. It could be the best night of your life*, wouldn't want to miss out on that would we!

Also, Ladies and Gents, I shall be gracing you with my presence at this highly esteemed event on the social calendar!

*Or it might end up in a big, pukey mess....or both!
    klong wrote:
    Fancy being perved on by CS nerds? Then go. Otherwise...

You've never been to a bulbs, how did you know this sort of thing went on!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeeeeowwww. A week away today. So what club shall we go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Methinks Javas, but whatabout having BULBS on the monday of open days...that way peeps don't hav to stick around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Eh wouldn't some people be going home for those two days anyway as well? All the one really...

• Advertisement

Seems to me like this gatherin' be in favour o' dem alumni folks.... Hmm it shall indeed be interesting to put a face and/or personality to the mysterious internet creatures that roam this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ah, be us alumni have to work then :p

I'm sure that you folks can organise a session for the monday anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

id love to go (as there is nothing else to do in kilmurry on the weekends) but alas im going to london next weekend to drink with the beautiful people

pity tho sounds like its gonna be a laugh and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Ok people,

I don't know what your plans are exactly, but I'm proposing that we start Friday night in my gaff [14 Harvard Close, College Court for those that don't know]. Anytime after 7 is cool by me. Then on to Java's so the Alumni can have a look. :rolleyes: Probably finish the night in the Lodge too. Any objections??

Mossin wrote:
    Ok people,

I don't know what your plans are exactly, but I'm proposing that we start Friday night in my gaff [14 Harvard Close, College Court for those that don't know]. Anytime after 7 is cool by me. Then on to Java's so the Alumni can have a look. :rolleyes: Probably finish the night in the Lodge too. Any objections??

Nay, though I might be a bit after 7

• Advertisement

I'll consider it carefully....meeting strangers from internet:D :D:D

anywho may even have a Mech Eng'er to bring along:eek: :eek: for experimentation...rare around them there hills it would appear.

Mossin wrote:
    Ok people,

Prolly won't be in until after 8 depending on trains and whatnot.

Wonder who I can rob a lift from town off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Can't make Friday. I'll be there at 3 on Saturday so get ready to start drinking no matter what state ye're in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Petee, can't wait to have ya back in my humble abode once again, sure whatever time ya can get here is ok.
    Kaimera, we know your coming down from Dublin so fair enough, but no excuses for lateness :p:p
    And Don, you disappoint me, was looking forward to a Friday night session with ya, now its confined to being a reunion with you are rmacm :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Aye was looking forward to a Friday night out myself....but I'll be down on Saturday for a spot of drinking :)

Cheers
    Rory

I'd rather not lodge though...anyone for an all night house party!!

Mossin wrote:
    Petee, can't wait to have ya back in my humble abode once again, sure whatever time ya can get here is ok.
    Kaimera, we know your coming down from Dublin so fair enough, but no excuses for lateness :p:p
    And Don, you disappoint me, was looking forward to a Friday night session with ya, now its confined to being a reunion with you are rmacm :eek: :eek:

I was in your house a few nights ago!

Rmacm and Don, you too disappoint me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Peteee wrote:
    Rmacm and Don, you too disappoint me.

Not as much as you were disappointed by the gimps small appendage :P

The Don has a driving test and I've been landed with a babysitting job for someone who doesn't need it but alas that's life. If you're not careful Saturday night could be far more painful than you bargained for :)

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

Thanks Mossin, for the invite!
    All those new graduates too frikin high n mighty to invite a lowly undergrad co-op'er.

I may make it down for Saturday, I have a work thing tomorrow night tho.
    All depending on my ability to drive whilst severly hung-over.

Vuk wrote:
    Thanks Mossin, for the invite!
    All those new graduates too frikin high n mighty to invite a lowly undergrad co-op'er.

I may make it down for Saturday, I have a work thing tomorrow night tho.
    All depending on my ability to drive whilst severly hung-over.
    Again, stfu ffs.

Do you not get tired of complaining ya old fogey? :v:

Cya Sat :D Bring yer external hdd(s) :)

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    Cya Sat :D Bring yer external hdd(s) :)

Fecking comp-sysers. :p

Dya reckon that'd work as a chat up line? > "How's your software for a bit harddrive, I've 160GBs here if ya want a look"

cson wrote: »
    Dya reckon that'd work as a chat up line? > "How's your software for a bit harddrive, I've 160GBs here if ya want a look"

Only 160 gigs? I won't even talk to anyone who has less then 500GB tbh

ooooo, well some of us have standards do we?.....

Yes. I wont get out of bed for less the 500GB...hell, if it's 1TB I might even pay :D

Right so I think everyone knows the deal about tomorrow. If any body has any apprehensions about meeting people off the Internet in a crowded place and they don't know who to look for (If any body wants us too meet in Java's) I'll be online most of the day, if ya wanna PM me and I'll give you my number that you can text/ring if you need any help identifying a big group of nerds in a bar!

Hope to match some names to faces tomorrow tomorrow night anyway.

Peteee wrote: »
    Yes. I wont get out of bed for less the 500GB...hell, if it's 1TB I might even pay :D

Right so I think everyone knows the deal about tomorrow. If any body has any apprehensions about meeting people off the Internet in a crowded place and they don't know who to look for (If any body wants us too meet in Java's) I'll be online most of the day, if ya wanna PM me and I'll give you my number that you can text/ring if you need any help identifying a big group of nerds in a bar!

Hope to match some names to faces tomorrow tomorrow night anyway.
    bwahahahaha. What an e-whore. "oh PM me if yer skared of meeting tinternet folks.."

Tosser :D

kaimera wrote: »
    bwahahahaha. What an e-whore. "oh PM me if yer skared of meeting tinternet folks.."

Tosser :D

Bugger off! Rory's done it plenty of times! Seeing as your all in dublin now I figured no harm.

Tosser.

Peteee wrote: »
    Bugger off! Rory's done it plenty of times! Seeing as your all in dublin now I figured no harm.

Tosser.
    *chortle* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Ahem!! cough! My invite in the post is it?

I had to guilt trip kai for one. Glad you all miss me so much :'(

*sits in corner sulking*

Are you comin along? Twould be great to see ya. Another computer nerd to fight off the masses (Awaits cries of 'I'm not a computer nerd' despite modding the mac forum!)

But if your gonna sit in the corner sulking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Well I only found out about it a while ago. Im in Kerry this wkend though, so I might come up tomorrow if ye are nice to me, and if there is couch space. :)

Advertisement