Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50% back on CD's

• 03-10-2007 9:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭

This Thursday to Sunday in Tesco.
    Rebate back in Clubcard points.
    ONLY CD's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

online or in store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

In Store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sidelinewarrior

Called in to local Tesco (Arthurs Quay, Limerick) this morning and there were no signs and the staff knew nothing about this offer. Is it selected stores only?

ALL Tesco's but it's not 50% cash refund, it's a 50% rebate in vouchers.
    You get 50% back in clubcard vouchers from Thursday 4th October
    until Sunday 7th October in your November statement.
    if you use your Clubcard.

I was aware that it's a refund on the Clubcard. It's just that there were no notices up, staff were unaware of the promotion and I'm only going to buy the CD's if the refund offer is in place as I normally download albums direct from ITunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Has anyone bought anything exciting yet?

Offer is now up and running so made some purchases. Very good value offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

If this offer is now in operation it should say something like "XXX Clubcard points received. XXX Bonus Clubcard points received." at the end of the till receipt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Offer is on CDs, DVDs and Computer Games..just seen it instore in Galway

and games!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

spongbob wrote:
    and games!?

ye anyone else able to confirm this. Oh if only I had waited to buy halo 3

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm pretty sure it's only cds. They also have a buy one get one free on disney dvds.

The labels on the shelf said on '50% back in Clubcard vouchers for every euro spent on CDs, DVDs and Computer Games' exclusions re blank dvds and something else.
    Promo only started today, lasts till Sunday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

snubbleste wrote:
    The labels on the shelf said on '50% back in Clubcard vouchers for every euro spent on CDs, DVDs and Computer Games' exclusions re blank dvds and something else.
    Promo only started today, lasts till Sunday.

Really? Oh well two of my friends are going to be pissed that they bought halo 3 on release day.

Odds are Tesco will run out of stock of Halo3 at some point later today anyway :D

snubbleste wrote:
    Odds are Tesco will run out of stock of Halo3 at some point later today anyway :D

Of course. A game as popular as that and only after being released getting 50% off is madness.

I'd say that's any old sign as the supplement in the paper yesterday said
    CD's ONLY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

do you need your clubcard or can you bring the receipt to a tescos at a later stage. Mine is at home and I might call into jervis after work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

In the galway advertiser it says "TESCOS GALWAY 50% OFF CD'S DVD'S AND COMPUTER GAMES" a full page spread. So i take it that its different between stores??

I'll try Roscommon tomorrow or has anyone tried already?

sweetie wrote:
    do you need your clubcard or can you bring the receipt to a tescos at a later stage. Mine is at home and I might call into jervis after work.

You need your card.

• Advertisement

i am just back from rosscommon, they said its only cds on promotion this time. but he was saying something about 33% of a selection of dvds, this might be the ones that are currently 4.99, i will check Atlone later and report back

Yeah I saw it in the Galway store 'EyesOnly',

free advice --- Anyone thinking of buying in Galway should check the small print on the promotion poster, there should be an offer 'ENDs' date printed. make sure it says offer ends sunday 7th of oct. if its an old poster it will say some other date. I defo asked the manager in Rosscommon and he sad its a different offer than the last time. and only cd's were on offer not game software / dvd's. unless of course tesco galway are running a compleatly different offer from the rest of the country or maybe they are a couple of weeks behind the rest of the countys lol

its Best to be safe that sorry :D

Did I not say earlier it started today and ended this sunday?
    Yeah there is a full page in the Galway Advertiser about it, thanks for confirming I was'nt just imagining things!

y is galway the only store doing games and dvds?
    thats a strange one :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

i know how you feel spongbob i was going to get Halo3 and afew (if i dare say it) Xmas presents :p

true xmas is just around the corner. im heading to the banasloe horsefair in galway the weekend, if i pass by a tesco il drop in

Jervis was only cds. Said they had a software one a few weeks ago. Dunno how we missed that, maybe he meant consoles.

Said they had a software one a few weeks ago. Dunno how we missed that, maybe he meant consoles.

That was the consoles and games 50% rebate 2 weeks ago
    when Tesco sold out of their PS3's and Wii's in a couple of hours. :(

• Advertisement

that's at least a month ago. I got myself a wii then.

Halfway between us both actually 13th to 16th September to be exact.

Original post
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055149984
    I got myself a wii then

So did the rest of the country and that's why I didn't get one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

went into tesco in killarney.got chart cd but also thought i would get some on the 3 for 25 euro offer which would mean i would get 3 for 12.50 as i get 50% back on these as well.went to counter to pay and when i got receipt I noticed that i was charged 28 something for the 3 for 25 offer instead of 25 euro.went to customer service so they had to give me the 3 cds for free as the overcharged me .the thing is they never changed my recipt or took my clubcard so i will get half the price of those cds back in november aswell.

tbh i dont think any of the chart cd's are included in the 3 for 25 euro section, i took the time yesterday to see what recent titles they had and the 3 for 25 euro and there mostly last years cd's even going back about 3 years. Clubland 7 was one i saw and the newest release is clubland 11! they didn't have to give you the cash back at all - you just got double lucky they didn't cop the mistake :D fair play to ya anyway. cool about the points aswell!

Advertisement