Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Return of a TRUE Legend

• 03-10-2007 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

From the gossip boards around, it seems that Kenta Kobashi is ready to return to the ring after his fight with cancer. His return date is pencilled in to be 12/02/07 Budokan Hall show.

Kobashi may not be the performer he once was, but anyone who knows and appreciates pro wrestling will enjoy his return.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Damn, thought Cena had beaten his injury already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bubs101 wrote:
    Damn, thought Cena had beaten his injury already

Funny, i thought the topic said legend, not talentless hack. ;)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Goebels

I cant wait for Kobashi to come back. It was looking really bleak earlier this year, so I'm really happy he's okay and is coming back. He wont be the man he was, but it's not like he'll do a Misawa, he'll always give a s**t anyway.

This also probably means Misawa shouldn't have the title much longer, Kobasahi will probably get the belt early next year, and transition it to Morishima a few months later, giving Morishima the HUGE rub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Great to hear he's overcome it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Great to hear he's coming back. Whether he is as good as he used to be or not won't really matter, his return will be some occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've got goosebumps. Recently I've been thinking more and more about how much I'm looking forward to seeing him return. The announcement of his return a few months ago got such a reaction from the NOAH crowd

NOAH's heavyweight division has just gone downhill since Kobashi had to stop wrestling. I hope they can rebuild the division with him now

I saw a photo of him a few months ago and he hadn't put back on some of the weight that he'd lost. That's probably a good thing for his knees though. Ah I can't wait, the man is an inspiration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Funny, i thought the topic said legend, not talentless hack. ;)
    VR!

Wasn't that the title of the thread announcing Triple H's return? ;)

Wasn't that the title of the thread announcing Triple H's return? ;)

Hah! I knew upon posting that originally that you of all people would react! ;)
    And no it wasn't for the record. Nice try dude, but unlike your good self, i'm not gonna rise to the bait :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

but unlike your good self, i'm not gonna rise to the bait :)

Who are you and what have you done with my co-host? Actually on second thought, I don't care!! ;)

I'm too chilled back and mellowed out tonight. Anything goes as far as i'm concerned :)

I'm still celebrating that the belt will go to ANYONE but Cena. Yes folks, and Minto has witnessed this. I had a bottle of bubbly left over from my engagement party a few months back. I cracked it open and drank it when i heard the news :)

VR!

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    I've got goosebumps. Recently I've been thinking more and more about how much I'm looking forward to seeing him return. The announcement of his return a few months ago got such a reaction from the NOAH crowd

NOAH's heavyweight division has just gone downhill since Kobashi had to stop wrestling. I hope they can rebuild the division with him now

I saw a photo of him a few months ago and he hadn't put back on some of the weight that he'd lost. That's probably a good thing for his knees though. Ah I can't wait, the man is an inspiration
    Honestly, NOAH in general has gone downhil since he left, which I guess showed what a big hand he had in the booking. I've found it unwatchable the entire year and will defintely give it another shot once he comes back.

I thought the junior tag league in the summer was enjoyable, some very fun matches and decent booking too

I can understand people liking that tag (though I thought it was just a formulaic NOAH juniors tag and don't see how people were calling it 5 stars...), but I really can't see how anyone can say the booking has been good all year. It's been formulaic, take no risks NOAH, and i find it pretty boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote:
    I thought the junior tag league in the summer was enjoyable, some very fun matches and decent booking too

Seconded. The way it climaxed into thelast match being the decider with 3 teams all involved was cleverly booked. And Maru/Ibushi Vs KENTA/Ishimori
    is my Match of the year so far. Amazing Junior Heavyweight stuff.

Goebels wrote:
    I can understand people liking that tag (though I thought it was just a formulaic NOAH juniors tag and don't see how people were calling it 5 stars...), but I really can't see how anyone can say the booking has been good all year. It's been formulaic, take no risks NOAH, and i find it pretty boring.
    Thats all about to change acording to the schedule for the next tour!!!

Hows about Marvin vs Akiyama and Misawa vs D'Lo Brown for fresh, wonderfully random matches!!!;)

flahavaj wrote:
    And Maru/Ibushi Vs KENTA/Ishimori
    is my Match of the year so far.

Mine too

I'm most looking forward to seeing KENTA vs Marvin on the next tour, first time they've met in a singles match. They'd better tape it!

Fozzy wrote:
    Mine too

I'm most looking forward to seeing KENTA vs Marvin on the next tour, first time they've met in a singles match. They'd better tape it!

Hmmm. Marvin in singles is still something I have my doubts about. He has been incredible in tags or six mans all year but as a singles guy he still has it all to prove IMO. His exchanges with KENTA in the tag league however really whet the appetite for a singles match. He needs to sort out those ****ty looking forearms he throws ASAP though. They're at RVD level of ****tiness at the moment. If he could sort that out he could quite legitimately claim to be the best junior heavy/cruiser weight in the world right now.

Pretty funny that people would believe Marvin is a lesser worker than "i kicky you" KENTA.
    And Maru/Ibushi Vs KENTA/Ishimoriis my Match of the year so far.
    I'd take a bunch of matches over that.. Makabe/Tanahashi, Makabe/Nagata, Nagata/Tanahashi (both of them), Nagata/Suzuki, Nakamura/Kawada, Suzuki/Kojima, Cena/HBK (from RAW), Storm/Harris from Sacrifice I think.

Advertisement