Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support Meeting 10.10.2007 Lucan village

Options
  • 03-10-2007 10:39am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Adoption Support Network of Ireland plan to hold a meeting in the function room of Kenny's pub in Lucan village starting at 7.30 and running until about 9.30 on Wednesday next the 10th October.

The meeting has been set up by the Adoption
    Support Network of Ireland and anyone affected by adoption, adoptees, adoptive or natural parents, is welcome to attend. As this is the first meeting that I'm aware of in recent times what may come out of it is uncertain. Hopefully those attending will feel supported whereever they are in their adoption story and we'll get a
    sense of what adoption related needs people feel should be met.

If you think you'd be interested in attending or know someone else who might be please let me know so that we have some idea of how many might be attending, and I will forward numbers onto the organiser.

Regards,

Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭martinf

Hi Shane,

You beat me to the punch in terms of advertising this meeting here. We are also organising one for the Seven Oaks in Carlow on Monday next 8th October. If anyone is interested from any of the surrounding areas please let me know.

Best wishes

Martin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

No worries Martin!
    Perhaps you might advertise our little forum here at the meeting too :)

Kind regards,

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭martinf

Hi Shane

I certainly will. I hadn't known about it until someone mentioned it to me recently. I think it's a great idea that people can exchange their experiences and advice here. Given the relative secrecy that surrounds the whole adoption area being able to talk to those affected can only help us.

Best wishes

Martin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Reminder - Meeting tonight......
    Kenny's Pub in Lucan village from 7.30PM onwards.

S.

Advertisement