Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk gyms?

Options
  • 03-10-2007 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

Thinking of joining a gym in Dundalk. I don't want to pay a full years memebership in case I don't stick at it. Can anyone tell me if any of the gyms in Dundalk have a pay as you go.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

In JJB Sports you can get membership for thee months at a time. Last time i was there it worked out about €100 for 3 months will unlimited use. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

My mate goes here and says it's ok. It has pay as you go.

http://www.dundalktown.ie/dundalktown/swim1.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Look at his thread for info on the gyms in the Dundalk area.

Is the Avenue Gym still open?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

+1 For JJB

Great equipment & facilities.

eamoss wrote: »
    Is the Avenue Gym still open?

Think they moved a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

Thanks guys... I think I go with Aura.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

The Avenue gym is still open, they have an ad in the argus this week, no mention of different address

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

the Park Inn gym looks real quality...plus it wouldnt be packed out like JJB...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Felda beside the Fairways, probably the best in Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Alt-Health-Ire

I am a felda member and have to say that it is the best Gym in the area. I have been a member for 2 years and the place is well worth the membership fee for the year!

Just for being able to escape from the kids for an hour a day is bliss. Then you add in the friendly staff & peaceful atmosphere - I wouldn't go anywhere else!

We used to use the public leisure centre - whilst the price is low, the place is full of kids and the hygene isn't the best - it also has that public pool smell about it which just reminds me of Mosney!

The only way to decide is to go to all the gyms, ask for a tour and see what you think. They do direct debit & 3 month membership so very flexible.

Day-Zee smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Druidshill

Hi Guys,

I was just on Felda's website and they're doing a deal where if 3 people join on the same day as a group its only €366 per person. Is there anyone in the area looking to join a gym at the minute and would like to join in as part of a group with me to get this price?

Felda told me they can join me up with a group themselves either but thought I'd look on here too to see if there's any interest from the boards viewers / members.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Druidshill wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I was just on Felda's website and they're doing a deal where if 3 people join on the same day as a group its only €366 per person. Is there anyone in the area looking to join a gym at the minute and would like to join in as part of a group with me to get this price?

Felda told me they can join me up with a group themselves either but thought I'd look on here too to see if there's any interest from the boards viewers / members.

Thanks

I am already a member but i have heard about this offer, and they regularly have good offers on. I think there was one where you get a reduced sunscription fee if you get someone new to join.
    Facilities really good as well, and loads of classes as well if you're into that.

The Park Inn gym is also really good and it is very quiet. don't know the subs fee cause i had complimentary pass but it never gets really crowded like Felda does around 7 or 8pm Mon-thurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DavidPatrick

Felda! nice gym, nice staff!

Advertisement