Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-Fi Hotspots?

Options
  • 03-10-2007 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering where around cork are there free wi-fi hotspots?? I think that Wilton & the 2 shopping centres in Douglas have it but I'm not 100% sure...

I'm just looking for somewhere I could go to grab internet this evening, like 6 or 7...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

It's been a while since I've been out there but the Shopping Centre in Douglas with Tesco in it had free WiFi.

Don't know about the others unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Insomnia coffee shop in town, the College of Commerce has it I think, and Sober Lane pub has free WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Rochestown Park Hotel

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

outside the courthouse, though im not sure if you need to hack on to it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Mahon Point Shopping Centre apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yep both shopping centres in Douglas, Douglas Village and Douglas Court. There are often many weird heads hanging around there in the evenings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

yep both shopping centres in Douglas, Douglas Village and Douglas Court. There are often many weird heads hanging around there in the evenings :D

ya i myself was one of those weird heads last night... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Mahon Point shopping centre has free wi-fi access..around O'Briens I saw the sign for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Is there any truth to the rumour that they plan to make the whole city centre wi-fi for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is there any truth to the rumour that they plan to make the whole city centre wi-fi for free?

I thought there was already wi-fi throughout the city?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

dulpit wrote:
    I thought there was already wi-fi throughout the city?:confused:

For free?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

For free?

No, Its the Smart Telecom Meshhopper network. Not free
    http://www.yourtechstuff.com/techwire/2006/07/cork_city_has_n.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Wouldn't you think the Uni there would do its bit and secure free Wifi for its students?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Wouldn't you think the Uni there would do its bit and secure free Wifi for its students?

They do, you can go into the Boole and ask someone in there to add the ID on your Wireless card to the network.

Free wifi for yourself then across campus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Does this include the Mardyke arena? I seem to spend a lot of time there waiting around for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

Close yo OK Tool Hire is a Free Hot Spot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Soho bar on Grand Parade had free wi-fi earlier this year, not sure if it's still there or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

just saw this on bargain alerts. May be handy for a fee people

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055169826

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

clarion hotel on lapps quay has free wifi too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Didn't (or still do) O'Briens have free wifi at some stage????
    That would be handy,

Advertisement