Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire lombard st

• 03-10-2007 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Was sorry to see that Paul Flynn's pub on Lombard street had fire last night.On the bright side (if there can be one) most of the damage seems to be above the pub.As a regular of the pub I hope no one was hurt and that the damage is minimum and that yer back trading as soon as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

O man that sucks I loved going there for metal gigs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Maybe now he'll give the place a lick of paint and clean it up a bit.

Has to be one of the dirtiest pubs in town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

shockwave wrote:
    Maybe now he'll give the place a lick of paint and clean it up a bit.

Has to be one of the dirtiest pubs in town!

what you mean good old fashion Irish pub , the way pubs should be, saw dust on the floor etc etc and none of this art-c fart-c ,please keep your voice down, how dear you come in ere in work boots type of modern pubs .where everybody drinks and acts like they have a poker shoved up their arse.

PS I'll give you the male toilet that is below par:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Anyone know if he is re-opening it or selling it or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Sorry, but what's so wrong with him investing a few bob in the place - does he not think his punters are worth it, or does he think so little of them, that they'd just accept it... ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Hm, I'd say the fire happened upstairs since the toilets are used as smoking areas..

And tbh the pub was nice the way it was - the only improvement that could be made really was expansion, on busy nights it can be hard to move.

And minfad, if you want to go to a more 'upscale' bar, revolution is only up the road.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Tellox wrote:
    And minfad, if you want to go to a more 'upscale' bar, revolution is only up the road.

That's debatable, I guess it depends how old he is and maybe his "sexuality"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Aquos76 wrote:
    That's debatable, I guess it depends how old he is and maybe his "sexuality"

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Are ye talking 'bout me girls... ?

Have yet to visit Revolution, but I'll keep an eye out for ye if I ever do ;)

Advertisement