Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

REQ: Japanese style rice cooker

• 03-10-2007 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a Japanese style rice cooker around the Dublin area (or on the internet) at a reasonable price? I checked the Asian markets around town, but can't find one. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Lidl have one this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

by japanese style i presume you mean the bamboo variety?

some woks come with them.....maybe try Arnotts

used to be a Spoils shop in town, did that kind of stuff. could be gone though.

maybe 'homestyle and more' (blanch & airside) would be worth a look too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

fdevine wrote:
    by japanese style i presume you mean the bamboo variety?

some woks come with them.....maybe try Arnotts

used to be a Spoils shop in town, did that kind of stuff. could be gone though.

maybe 'homestyle and more' (blanch & airside) would be worth a look too

No, its electric. Looks like this. My wife is looking for one, but can't find anywhere that imports them (I doubt that they are available here through normal channels).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

As smashey said, Lidl from tomorrow. Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭geecee

Argos have the same style cooker as Lidl
    Usually goes for around 14

Its doesn't have the fancy time that the original posters pic shows....
    But it works! And Cooks rice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I have one from Lidl now for about three years. It's brilliant. Cooks and keeps the rice warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭t-hairy

HanYang, the Korean supermarket off the Millenium Walkway (middle Abbey street) should have them. I think they're in the region of 40 quid. Really handy though.Try to get a Cuckoo branded one if they have then - they're the best apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

As smashey said, Lidl from tomorrow. Link

The Lidl one is different to the Japanese one. Its a present for a Japanese friend, so they will know the difference (I am not sure what exactly the difference is myself). They've been looking for one here for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hanyang and some of the chinese stores in Dublin might have one.

You get the same results with a pressure cooker though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭JMcL

There's an enormous asian warehouse store (I think they supply the restaurants, but sell to the public as well) out beside the M50, just off the Nangor Road which might be worth a look if you've exhausted all the asian stores in town. Coming from town, pass the roundabout that leads into Park West and take the next right (before going under the motorway) Linky to map. When you go into the little bunch of warehouses, turn right and head back towards the Parkwest flyover - the Asian place is at the end, just facing the flyover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

debenhams henry st/ jervis centre have them in their homewares dept. and they're having a sale on at the moment, might be worth a look.

Advertisement