Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

eyeballed by the gardai!

Options
  • 03-10-2007 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Yesterday evening i was driving down by the Goat pub/restaurant near stilorgan. At the junction where you turn left to go towards stillorgan and go straight on towards leopardstown I was stoppedat the lights to turn left. An unmarked red mondeo with two under cover gardai pulled up beside me. The guy in the passenger seat shone a tourch light into my face. I turned around and looked and mouthed... can i help you ? Rolled down my window in case they wanted to speak to me. Your man just eyeballed me. I looked away and looked back again to see him mouth 'what do ya think your lookin at'. Then he laughed and the two guys drove on.
    I know you cant complain about things like that, but I was really pissed, because this guy is an obvious tosser and needs to get a good smack from somebody in force who doesn't like assholes like him giving the majority a bad name.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Any chance you got the reg plate? or Garda's number on his uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

em how do you know they are guards?

even if they were who cares :D id just laugh at them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Lol, Thats pretty funny i think . As a bored guard , i'd do the same ... probably why im not a guard tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

IMO there is no way was that a guard.But if you feel that strongly about it http://www.gardaombudsman.ie/ .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Definitely not a guard. A red mondeo???

That would raise suspicions straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

The red mondeo would not surprise me at all.

Around two weeks ago there was some trouble in the Kilnamanagh shopping center, two garda cars showed up. One marked car and one unmarked (02 D) red mondeo. The mondeo had its blue strobe lights flashing so it wasn't some off duty guards car. You would be surprised the kind of crap cars the boys in blue have to drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Melion wrote:
    Definitely not a guard. A red mondeo???

That would raise suspicions straight away

A Red Mondeo is a VERRRRRRY common unmarked garda car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

The only unmarked garda car more common than a red Mondeo is a navy Mondeo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OP, next time blow them a kiss...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

The only unmarked garda car more common than a red Mondeo is a navy Mondeo.

Ive seen Guards in a silver mondeo and a navy alright one over the last week. I thought it was well known the Gardai drive them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Well i was minding my own business. They were definately gardaí. You could see the clip on flasher units on the front bumper. The one with the torch was wearing a uniform. I didn't get reg or numbers. Not that it would matter. You report it to ombudsman... they say 'we will investigate'. Garda says he doesn't know what I am talking about, says he saw me do something i didnt... its my word against his and we all know how that one ends up.
    I bit my tongue, said and did nothing. Just ignored. He was obviously trying to piss me off. Which wouldn't be too hard right now as I have just broken up with the gf and in no mood for some antagonistic gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

I'd eyeball them back, with a look of distaste. If he was to say anything to you I'd ask "Did they teach you that trick in Templemore?" (flashlight in the face). "As it could be construed as dangerous driving!"

I am not a Garda basher, but inevitably within the group of people that large there are some tossers, if they want to be tossers, just be calm, polite, but firm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ive never seen them in a red mondeo, its normally avensis' or corollas down here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

jayok wrote:
    I'd eyeball them back, with a look of distaste. If he was to say anything to you I'd ask "Did they teach you that trick in Templemore?" (flashlight in the face). "As it could be construed as dangerous driving!"

I am not a Garda basher, but inevitably within the group of people that large there are some tossers, if they want to be tossers, just be calm, polite, but firm.

I'd think the flashlight in the face would be a very common method of identifying who's driving a car at night. Maybe the OP's car was similar to one that had been reported earlier and the Gardai where just checking to see if he was the person reported.

Never thought I'd be on here defending the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭loz

The one with the torch was wearing a uniform.

Security guard/postman?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

loz wrote:
    Security guard/postman?

lmao :D:D

Yeah, i hate all them undercover postmen!! You never know where they'll deliver next!! I can imagine it now "Freeze, postman! Put down the gun, I have a letter!" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No just yet another cop that thinks a badge gives him license to harass and intimidate the general public. Unfortunately as the OP says, even if you take the matter further you'll likely get nowhere. :mad:

The words "competent" and "professional" are unknown to our Keystone Cops brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Aren't they traffic corps if they have lights in the bumpers?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Sounds like a similar situation I was in about 3 months ago near rathfarnum...

I was stopped in a normal tax/insurance check and he eyed me for ages... asked what I was doing driving that late (2am), I said I was just coming from working and he walked away and took down my reg... then license and took down all the details... asked what I do for a living... I told him and then he said "I'll let you go this time, but i'm sure we'll be seeing each other again."

Your right... it is just some of them that give them all a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

sicruise wrote:
    Sounds like a similar situation I was in about 3 months ago near rathfarnum...

I was stopped in a normal tax/insurance check and he eyed me for ages... asked what I was doing driving that late (2am), I said I was just coming from working and he walked away and took down my reg... then license and took down all the details... asked what I do for a living... I told him and then he said "I'll let you go this time, but i'm sure we'll be seeing each other again."

Your right... it is just some of them that give them all a bad name.

LMAO :D Known the gards you probably had a big bright yellow taxi plate up:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I have seen at many occasions Guards driving red Ford Mondeo.

Once I got stopped at a check point at Cherrywood.
    The Guard checked my reg. plate (Was French), my insurance disk (Was Irish), he looked at his colleagues and said "That's a fuc*ing German driving with an Irish insurance"...They were all laughing...

Looked at me again "Yeah go ahead".

Was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Ive recently seen gardai in an unmarked Citreon C5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

i've seen a couple of brand new 3-series BMWs being used, unmarked, by the traffic corp.

if they were heading that way by the goat they may have been based in dundrum station. might be worth asking if they have any unmarked red mondeos and asking the super in there if this would be typical or acceptable behaviour.

Ive recently seen gardai in an unmarked Citreon C5

Hum they are gone wild now lol
    I have seen Clio as well

And I have seen a 7 series as well, it belongs to the them to transport VIP I suppose. All the Windows are shielded, there are special stuffs on the side and roof to hang your hands and feet.

i've seen a couple of brand new 3-series BMWs being used, unmarked, by the traffic corp.

318i ?
    lol...

one was a 325i SE. not sure about the other, but i presume it was the same. doubt they'd be getting diesels or any M-sport options. would they go as far as a 335i SE?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The unmarked ive seen are a Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Sonata, Subaru Forrester and, yes, a red mondeo but this time a Mk 2 V6 Ghia 24v and it was in I996....:)

one was a 325i SE. not sure about the other, but i presume it was the same. doubt they'd be getting diesels or any M-sport options. would they go as far as a 335i SE?

325iSE is 218HP, I am sure they are chip modified anyway, BMW is used to that.
    So probably around 240HP, I am not an expert though.

So damn, got to buy a 330i now...

mick.fr wrote:
    325iSE is 218HP, I am sure they are chip modified anyway, BMW is used to that.
    So probably around 240HP, I am not an expert though.

So damn, got to buy a 330i now...

why?

• Advertisement

why?

To go faster that them!
    Just kidding here, I do not want to end up in an Irish jail :-)

Advertisement