Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a D8 Provider

Options
  • 03-10-2007 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi All,

Recently moved into a new apartment. Up to now I've been enjoying using ntl as my service provider.

On moving in we discovered that there is an ntl analogue TV feed already there so we don't want to go to ntl looking for broadband as then we'd have to pay for the TV feed.

There's no land line so can anyone recommend who is the best wireless provider in D8, near the Liffey? Not too keen on looking at 3 or 02 as we have a desktop and laptop and use a wireless router and you can't plug either of these USB jobbies into it.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Smart is very fast in D8.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JimmyO

Thanks BOFH_139, but don't you need a landline to avail of Smart? We don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Vodafone have good 3G coverage if you are going to 3G, plus for any use the follow to share the connection.

http://www-ie.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=IE%2FLayout&cid=1169670998583&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=9858321035B09

BOFH_139 wrote:

Thanks again BOFH. I probably sound really picky but that piece of kit is about 200 blips and we already have a router for the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Not sure if Digiweb or IBB provide coverage in your area. I know that for a long time there was a lot of negative coverage about IBB, but I haven't heard too much lately.

• Advertisement

Not sure if Digiweb or IBB provide coverage in your area. I know that for a long time there was a lot of negative coverage about IBB, but I haven't heard too much lately.

AFAIK both of them do. Was just wondering if anyone would recommend one over the other.

From what I can gather the options are IBB, Digiweb and Clearwire. Although after reading all the negative stuff about Clearwire here I'll be avoiding that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

The poll at the top of this page seems to indicate that most are happy with IBB wireless, although there's a question over possible throttling.

Sorry I can't help any more. I'm with Smart which you say is not an option. A pity really - it's the dog's danglies!

The poll at the top of this page seems to indicate that most are happy with IBB wireless, although there's a question over possible throttling.

Sorry I can't help any more. I'm with Smart which you say is not an option. A pity really - it's the dog's danglies!

Thanks for that.

Yeah we don't have a landline and as we're only in for 1 year don't fancy getting one.

If I hadn't read the Poll I'd have jumped at Clearwire given the 25:1 C.R. IBB is out at 40:1.

What to do, what to do!!!!

I might end up flipping a coin.

Advertisement