Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insane traffic on Rock Road this morning

Options
  • 03-10-2007 1:08pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I travel from the monkstown road aread down the roack road, over the tracks and onto the strand road, and past the point every morning. Since the schools went back and the bus lane became operational, the traffoc on this road has been absolutely crazy - but nothing like it was this morning.

If anyone knows the traffic lights by the monkstown road juntion, it took me nearly half an hour to get from there to just past Frascati shopping centre (Zion Hill Apartments). This is probbaly less than a 5 minute walk. I assumed there was a crash but there was no sign of it, and nothing on the radio.

My journey to work should take 15 minutes if there no no traffic at all. It used to take 25-35 minutes when the schools were off. Now it is taking me on average 45-60 minutes (and that is leaving between 7.15 and 7.30am).

That F**king bus lane is a truly stupid idea - I rarely see a bus on it at all, yet thousnds of drivers are inconvenienced by it taking away one lane. I mean the there is the DART for Gods sake!

Anwway, out of interest, does anyone know why this morning was such bad traffic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

One of the first real wet mornings since the schools went back and the bus lane came into operation... Its not going to get any better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Its a pityfull attempt to get us using public transport after the fock up they made developing the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

There was a crash at the Wharf Tavern pub (near the port tunnel / docks entrance). It ballsed up traffic in Clontarf for sure, and I'm guessing it had a knock-on effect on the south side of the toll bridge too.

OP, is using the bus or cycling a viable option for you? Just curious. I started cycling during the summer, and I never looked back. What could take me an hour (Clontarf - > Baggot St area) in the car takes me 25 mins on the bike, or 45 or so on two buses.

Advertisement