Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs drinking from drain pipes!

Options
  • 03-10-2007 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

The latest fad with my dogs is that they drink from the sink / bath drain pipes at the back of the house as you are emptying same. This worries me as apart from all the soap / detergents in the water there must be loads of bacteria. Plus one of these days they are going to get scalded by boiling water etc.

They seem to love soapy water as they also like to drink the water from the bucket as I wash the cars - don't let them of course.

Anyone ever see their dogs doing this and any solutions? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

A big firm "NO!!!" lol.

My cat will not drink tap water but instead goes outside to drink from puddles! It must be the chlorine she doesn't like.

At least you will not have to worry about your dogs ever having bad breath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Wire mesh around the drainpipe.:rolleyes:

Wouldn't worry too much about bacteria (dogs being offal eaters by design can "stomach" quite a lot) but soap, toothpaste, washing powder and the like certainly isn't good for them.

Advertisement