Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Notice: Garda Traffic Corps GATSO Van on N4 outbound

Options
  • 03-10-2007 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

A bit of a heads-up for those who need it. A plain white Ford Transit is parked on the N4 outbound after the traffic lights on the Lucan bypass. It is a GATSO camera van, the limit is 80 kph. The van is parked into the bushes, and is difficult to see.

With the rain, the camera will not be 100% effective (see previous discussions) but it will still catch a few.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Im not heading that way but well done on the heads up! .. Cheeky B@$^*"!s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Both green and white gatso vans on hard shoulder at Coca-cola opposite
    Red-Cow Hotel several mornings over last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

maoleary wrote:
    Hi guys,

A bit of a heads-up for those who need it. A plain white Ford Transit is parked on the N4 outbound after the traffic lights on the Lucan bypass. It is a GATSO camera van, the limit is 80 kph. The van is parked into the bushes, and is difficult to see.

With the rain, the camera will not be 100% effective (see previous discussions) but it will still catch a few.
    You evil man. Won't you think of the children?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

N4 one is there regularly. Yesterday it was on the inbound stretch nearer the hermitage at 17:00 - no fecker gets the chance to do 80+ at that stretch. Waste of time I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

MrPudding wrote:

MrP

Indeed, better put on your fireproof pants before the PC Police get here OP :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Both green and white gatso vans on hard shoulder at Coca-cola opposite
    Red-Cow Hotel several mornings over last couple of weeks.

Yup saw it yesterday! Think I got caught too! Was doing around 70/75 when i saw it! I always do 60 along there, but there was a gap in front of a truck so I just sped up to pop in in front of him (just after the offramp merges). Ah wells! 6 points here i come :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

MrPudding wrote:

MrP

I was waiting for another boardsie to come along and defend me, if needed. Accursed PC rubbish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

maoleary wrote:
    I was waiting for another boardsie to come along and defend me, if needed. Accursed PC rubbish!!!

You're not around here regularly enough, maoleary. If you were, you'd know that MrPudding was using a bit of sarcasm. He is partial to making progress* if the circumstances are right. I'm just like him I should say

*even going over the speed limit - shock - horror - killing babies :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

there was a white high roof transit van parked in the roadworks on the m50 after the ballymount exit heading southbound at around 1 today i couldnt see if the camera was pointing out the back but it looked very suspicious, was doin about 65kph in 60 zone, should be alright if it was a gatso??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

draffodx wrote:
    there was a white high roof transit van parked in the roadworks on the m50 after the ballymount exit heading southbound at around 1 today i couldnt see if the camera was pointing out the back but it looked very suspicious, was doin about 65kph in 60 zone, should be alright if it was a gatso??

Not sure exactly what they look like, but i saw a high roofed transit van (black or navy) parked on the N2 outbound this morning, i think it was just before the 100km limit becomes 120km...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Cion&#225 wrote: »
    Not sure exactly what they look like, but i saw a high roofed transit van (black or navy) parked on the N2 outbound this morning, i think it was just before the 100km limit becomes 120km...

Thats the green one. Seen it myself this morning. Nice to see it on a dangerous stretch of dual carraige way :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

God damn, it's a Gatso van!

Anyone have one of these in the boot by any chance?

rpg7.jpg

Because Gatsos are the root of all eviil! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

unkel wrote:
    You're not around here regularly enough, maoleary. If you were, you'd know that MrPudding was using a bit of sarcasm. He is partial to making progress* if the circumstances are right. I'm just like him I should say

*even going over the speed limit - shock - horror - killing babies :eek:

I was only adding to the sarcasm. It is limited to a small minority. But thanks for trying. ;)

They love patrolling nice, safe dual-carraigeways with 80 kph limits. Can anyone say "hypocrisy"?

Yep. It's all about the safety.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

maoleary wrote:
    I was only adding to the sarcasm

Ah right. Maybe I'm not around here regularly enough so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Lads, can you stick the sightings into the site, if you get a chance. Just click on the icon for the existing speed trap and put in the date and time you saw it.

http://www.irishspeedtraps.com/mapshow.aspx

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Lads, can you stick the sightings into the site, if you get a chance. Just click on the icon for the existing speed trap and put in the date and time you saw it.

http://www.irishspeedtraps.com/mapshow.aspx

Thanks

the map will all the pointers on it on the front page of that website is very disconcerting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Green one on the M4/N4 just before the turn off to Lucan, opposite the Spa Hotel.

Saw it about 20 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Holsten wrote:
    Green one on the M4/N4 just before the turn off to Lucan, opposite the Spa Hotel.

Saw it about 20 minutes ago.

Saw that - cheeky one as its after the end of the 120 zone & before the fixed camera at the Spa underpass.

Scheize, think I might be getting some unwanted post...

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Saw the green van parked in the trees on the outbound regular spot on the N4 the feicer was hard to spot hiding in the bushes

• Advertisement

The green one was on the naas road this morning just before the citywest turn-off (if i remember correctly) heading southbound. It was there around 10am. Drove past it at around 110Kph, whilst everyone who was in the right lane were going much quicker! Heres hoping they have some nice leeway on it! There was a sign behind it reading something, but I dont know what it said..

Sure anyways, I know how dangerous a straight 3 laned carraigeway is on a sunny day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

it was on the naas road this morning heading out of town towards the red cow opp the coca cola factory

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Great, now everyone who sees this thread will slow down on that stretch of road. I hope you can't sleep tonight with the thoughts of the children, you evil evil man.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

draffodx wrote:

The white Trannie in the roadworks is Kilkenny KK reg and is part of the construction crew, so I'm told. I used to slow for it, but was then told by construction mates that no camera aboard.

PS - They can't use KK reg on van.

I know. Im campaigning for ramps along the naas road aswell. Someones got to keep a look out for the kids...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

PS - They can't use KK reg on van.
    Why not? Will it fall off?
    If you are trying to suggest that the gardai cannot use non 'D' plates then you are incorrect. Gardai have been seen in registrations from several different counties and also in non-RoI regisetered vehicles. Search boards if you don't believe me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Are the mobile speed enforcement revenue generators utilising laser or radar technology.
    Neither are necessarily accurate....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noTllmqWjOU&mode=related&search=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

cjt156 wrote:
    Saw that - cheeky one as its after the end of the 120 zone & before the fixed camera at the Spa underpass.

Scheize, think I might be getting some unwanted post...

Yep think it got me too, fúckers.

Think I was at 90kph or something... ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Ive seen them for the 2nd time in as many weeks on the N3 outside Blanch shopping centre under the bridge in the 80km/h zone heading towards the city, both times at 8pm.

• Advertisement

Mostly laser I believe. The accuracy, or otherwise, of the equipment used in reland is irrelevent anyway so not point in worrying about it.

MrP

Advertisement