Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband DSL 3MB?

Options
  • 03-10-2007 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here have IBB DSL?

I'm an Ice Broadband sufferer and I'm planning to get out.
    I don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire - so is IBB DSL worth a sh!te?
    I wanted to know what sort of speed you could expect with the 3mb package...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrooqie

for me just 1 month left with digiweb (6 months) and as i beein heavy downloader, recently spotted that i got very good pings in WiC and other games.
    I'm not sure how gonna be with IBB DSL.
    Anyway the cap limit really affect my mental health:D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭jmcwobbles

I'm not sure about DSL but I had the IBB Breeze 2Mb package for over a year, and the speed was absolutely fine for surfing, but if you're downloading big files, the Breeze connection keeps resetting itself so it slowed downloads down a lot...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

jmcwobbles wrote:
    but if you're downloading big files, the Breeze connection keeps resetting itself so it slowed downloads down a lot...

That's not normal. You should give them a buzz. When you say it keeps resetting what are the symptoms e.g. you lose IP address. What about
    ping servername -t

That should throw up a screen of hundreds of pings after a few minutes. One or two timeouts are normal(ish) but if you get big sections of timeouts you have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭jmcwobbles

See I'm not exactly technologically knowledgable - dunno what ping is!! :)

I'm not in that apartment anymore and have switched to BT in my new apartment, so it's not an issue for me any more - I can't remember what exactly used to happen but I think I used to get one of those little yellow speech bubbles just saying connection has been lost and then immediately connection has been restored - it was never down for any length of time but it dropped briefly quite frequently. My brother had IBB as well though and he said he had the same problem so I assumed it was an IBB problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

i have the 3meg dsl package and apart from the irregular speeds i've been having with my torrents lately, everything has been great. no complaints whatsoever. always easy to get onto their helpline too. and you gotta love their no limit traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I'm on Breeze and am thinking of breezing off, because they're 'shaping'. I went with IBB when they started because of the no-download-limit, but this seems to break that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

My friend has this, but she was tellng me when she surfs the net it comes up page cannot be displayed, then hits refresh and it comes up....like on every webpage. would u say its the IIB loosing connection???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DVDMAN

I'm on the DSL 2mb service. its fine and theres no limits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've got the 3meg DSL package and use it for browsing, online gaming, downloading and also for my ps3. No major issues beyond the usual problems you get with ISPs from time to time. I've only had this a month though.

I've had problems with torrents being crazy slow but that may have been the few I tried - I don't use many torrents anyway.

Advertisement