Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most economic coffee maker?

Options
  • 03-10-2007 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭

So would I be right in thinking that a moka is still the best way of making a damn fine espresso without costing an arm and a leg? Plus to make an americano just pop the kettle on simultaneously.

So its gotta be better than the percolator option right?

Or does anyone know any trick of the trade to get a nice espresso for buttons?

Also my Italian friends tell me that an old moka is better than a new moka (only if good coffee has been used) cause the moka gets infused with the coffee flavour over time. Thoughts? Seems logical but in this clean freak world perhaps people thinkn otherwise??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A normal filter coffee will probably use less coffee grams per ml of drink than an americano- and most will say it is better too. Americanos were invented in Italy to stop american troops moaning about getting small cups of coffee- not popular in Italy AFAIK, it would be like a american beer drinker asking them to dilute their wine down since they preferred a pint over a glass and felt a diluted pint is "better value"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jimmytwo

get an aeropress from hasbean - great low cost solution

http://www.hasbean.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=631

Advertisement