Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team for Thursday Night?

Options
  • 03-10-2007 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

I would like to see!

Cerny

Ifil - Saltari - Dawson - Ecotto

Lennon - Kabul - The Prince - Tarrabt

Bent - Defoe

Subs - Lee - Rose - Tanio - ZoK - allwick

Reasoning - Don't think we can loose 7-0 with any team, so WTF! Some lads who haven't featured need a game. Would like to see how Kabul does in Midfield. Really want to see the Prince and Tarrabt play. Would be nice to see Rose come off the bench. Bent and Defoe need time on the Field! Robbo needs time off.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭northlondon17

ALNWICK

IFIL---DERVITE---ARCHIBALD-HENVILLE---Lee

LENNON---BOATENG---TAARABT---ROUTLEDGE

PEKHART---DEFOE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Ifil isn't even at Spurs at the moment, and that still isn't close to the worse thing about those lists :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I think

Cerny
    Stalteri
    Kaboul
    Dawson
    Ekotto/Lee
    Taarabt
    Tainio
    Boateng
    Routledge
    Defoe
    Bent

Rocha has ruled himself out for a month saying he needs surgery on his ankle,due to the kicking he has got since moving to England.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

ALNWICK

IFIL---DERVITE---ARCHIBALD-HENVILLE---Lee

LENNON---BOATENG---TAARABT---ROUTLEDGE

PEKHART---DEFOE

Both Alnwick and Ifil are out on loan at present, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

John W wrote:
    I would like to see!

Cerny

Ifil - Saltari - Dawson - Ecotto

Lennon - Kabul - The Prince - Tarrabt

Bent - Defoe

Subs - Lee - Rose - Tanio - ZoK - allwick

Reasoning - Don't think we can loose 7-0 with any team, so WTF! Some lads who haven't featured need a game. Would like to see how Kabul does in Midfield. Really want to see the Prince and Tarrabt play. Would be nice to see Rose come off the bench. Bent and Defoe need time on the Field! Robbo needs time off.:)

5-0 would do for Famagusta. They scored an away goal at WHL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Given the choice I would rest 7/8 of the usual starters.
    Give the youngsters a run, we're 5/6 ahead in the tie.

Also it would give us the best possible chance of getting somthing at Anfield on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Cerny
    Salty
    Kaboul
    Dawson
    Ekotto
    Taarabt
    Boateng
    Hudd
    Steed
    Defoe
    Bent

Kaboul and Dawson need as many games a possible to work on their partnership, I'd prefer Kaboul and Rocha but the Rock is injured. Tainio is suspended, I'd have played him instead of Hudd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

Team is as follows

Robbo; Stalteri, Lee, Gardner, Dawson; Steed, Hudd, Zokora, Boateng; Defoe, Bent

Nice to see Defoe and Boateng getting a start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭northlondon17

just home from watchin the game...defoe is so wasteful...!!!!! BOATENG was a bit of a headless chicken ..but its his first game so u cant bad mouth him..!!! bale nd keano were v.good... bad team performence but were thru..!! come on u spurs:) :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Watched on web.

Defoe should have had 3 - for once he left his shooting boots at home.

Boateng was very good for 30 minutes - faded.
    Malbranque frustrates me.
    Dawson still not on his game.
    Bale & RK made all the difference.

Roll on the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

bale nd keano were v.good...

I'd a horrible feeling people would put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 when Bale combined with Keane for the goal.

IMHO, Bale changed the game at that point, we'd played with four centrally-minded midfielders against a side employing a five man midfield, and tried to force the ball through a horribly congested middle third. Bent in particular was on a hiding to nothing with that style of play. Bale's introduction gave us an option down the wing, Taarabt should have been on earlier as well.

Keane deserves credit for taking his goal (and for being in the box in the first place) but what about his miss shortly after? I was very frustrated with some of his play, I still feel he needs to release the ball a little earlier instead of tying himself up in knots.

Can't blame Defoe for the one that hit the woodwork, but his finishing was poor for the other two chances. Still, what can you expect from a player who knows he'll be dropped on Sunday and has hardly had a look in so far this season?

Dawson and Gardner need to play the whistle and not stand appealing for the blatant peno, central midfield was very poor (just drop Hudd please)

Advertisement