Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food delivery guy overcharged me

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brinepacer

Bang on there bloggs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Looking at it purely objectively would you agree it sounds awful tight.

For me its purely the principal of the thing ...

so ... the delivery guy brings your new TV .. should be 920 EUR ... he's asking you to hand over 970 EUR ... wait a minute ... there's something wrong there ... ah well its only 50 EUR extra ... ah well I might as well round it to the 1000 for him ... don't want to be seen as a cheap so and so ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

If you were short changed 50c in a shop etc. you'd be a fool not to ask for your money. What's the difference here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Oh come on there forbairt.
    Theres the "principle of the thing" and then theres this. Lifes too short

Also, you're not comparing apples and apples with your example there lets be realistic. We're talking about a relatively very small amount of money.
    If you were to apply "the principle rule" here I'll give an example in the other direction. Would you agree the reaction was warranted if it was only 1c? As I said earlier some persepective is needed here.

All i'm saying is the OPs reaction is way out of proportion to the, shall we say it, crime?

The OP has gotten so worked up about it, spent time writing online, making phone calls (at his/her cost - more then 50c perhaps:) ) to management.

All that stress is not good for the heart you know;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Oh come on there forbairt.
    Theres the "principle of the thing" and then theres this. Lifes too short

Life is too short ... obviously its nagging the original poster so they've decided to get it off their chest :)
    Also, you're not comparing apples and apples with your example there lets be realistic. We're talking about a relatively very small amount of money.
    If you were to apply "the principle rule" here I'll give an example in the other direction. Would you agree the reaction was warranted if it was only 1c? As I said earlier some persepective is needed here.

I'm one of these people who will wait for their 1 cent change :)

I've a problem with them not giving a receipt ...

I've no problem with what the original poster did :)
    All i'm saying is the OPs reaction is way out of proportion to the, shall we say it, crime?

Things bug people in different ways ... maybe it was an honest mistake .. maybe the guy has been doing it to practically everyone
    The OP has gotten so worked up about it, spent time writing online, making phone calls (at his/her cost - more then 50c perhaps:) ) to management.

All that stress is not good for the heart you know;)

All the caffeine I take isn't either :D

But anyways ... we're both wasting way too much time on this as well getting worked up about the original posters reaction :D

Feel free to respond ... I've leaving it at this post I think :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Agreed forbairt, good last point there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I can understand some posters' reactions here. 50c may be practically nothing, but it's 50c that didn't belong to the delivery guy.

If he'd handed the receipt over with the food, he'd have gotten all the change from a tenner. So, I'm not begrudging the guy a tip here.

He withheld the receipt, made up a price and wouldn't look me in the eye throughout.

Maybe some of you guys would commend his actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Slightly OT, but slightly on too.
    I ordered a pizza last saturday from Ed's, besid Cuba. Twenty minutes after he said he'd be there, I got a phone call from the driver. He was lost in Shantalla, and didn't know where to go. After a minute of giving him landmarks and directions, his phone got cut off. Turns out his credit ran out. So I had to ring him back on my phone, and tell him where to go. MEanwhile, my compadre rings Eds telling them the sca, and asking for a half price pizza. the manager was less than polite, and gave me 1/4 off.
    Pizza finally arrived forty minutes after it was supposed to, and we demolished it.
    I'll still go back though, they have 18inchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

once godfathers gave me an extra pizza because they (slightly) burnt the first one, happy days.

I duly tipped the delivery guy (i always do, extra if they bring the food up to my apt)

after a minute or two the buzzer went again, in my excitement of getting a free pizza I had over paid the delivery guy by €10, the DG called up and handed it back. it is great to see that there are some honest people out there.

I split the tenner with him.

OP I would drop it.

Tzetze wrote: »
    Maybe some of you guys would commend his actions?

no but....
    Tzetze wrote: »
    50c may be practically nothing

& maybe the guy cant do numbers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dunno why I keep coming back to this thread....craving pizza again now. I understand where the OP is coming from, 50cent might not seem a lot, but if the driver does a lot of deliveries in one night and does the same each time then shouldn't someone try to stop it, ie, by complaining to the manager??

By the way, is Godfather's pizza nice??

JohnCleary wrote: »
    If you were short changed 50c in a shop etc. you'd be a fool not to ask for your money. What's the difference here?

fair point, but would you complain to the manager after?

By the way, is Godfather's pizza nice??

I dont pizza from anywhere else, (except monroes the odd time - sit in only though & with a nice pint)

091525666 I think they have special offers on there website, (they also text offers to you)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brinepacer

Godfather's is my favourite delivery. Monroes is great pizza too but the prices are ridiculous.

Advertisement