Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Wireless Issue

• 03-10-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

I've to call and look at a mate's computer tonight. I've never any issues when it comes to XP support, but this is my first Vista job. His laptop is regularly disconnecting from his wireless router, bearing in mind he has an XP laptop which has no issues at all.

Suggestions on where to start?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

power saving / standby - on resume it would have to go through the whole find the ap associate get dhcp dance again

on XP I'd check the wireless nic isn't set to turn off to save power ,probably in vista too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

same happens to me with a Vista PC. I think it is because there are no vista drivers for the wireless adaptor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I don't think it's power saving, but I'll check it regardless. Thanks for the help guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

Upgrade to Windows XP :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

tech wrote:
    Upgrade to Windows XP :D

Downgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think that was tongue in cheek soundman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

HavoK wrote:
    I think that was tongue in cheek soundman

Was still incorrect. :p

And on three separate threads? Hmmm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

no XP is an upgrade to Vista :eek: :D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭StillBallygowan

ned78 wrote:
    I've to call and look at a mate's computer tonight. I've never any issues when it comes to XP support, but this is my first Vista job. His laptop is regularly disconnecting from his wireless router, bearing in mind he has an XP laptop which has no issues at all.

Suggestions on where to start?

I have had the exact same issue but sorted it out.

Do you know what model network card is on the computer?

I disabled the Vista firewall and I'm not getting the problem. I have a firewall on the router.

Give that a go.

Advertisement