Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranked Servers

Options
  • 03-10-2007 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately at this moment in time we cannot find a way of having a ranked server hosted in Ireland. PoP have set up a uk based 16 man ranked server, 85.236.101.61:27733.

RevHellfire will also be running an additional ranked server asap, details to follow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Private Hellfire reporting in.

There's another ranked server running on 85.236.101.20:27833 its a 24 player one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Unfortunately at this moment in time we cannot find a way of having a ranked server hosted in Ireland.

Out of curiousity why? is it a cost thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

no i think only selected hosting agencies are allowed to have ranked servers..and i dont think ther are any in ireland :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Well all servers cost money. Some clans however own their own servers, bought them outright etc and have them co-located. Only certain GSP's can run ranked servers however. The reason for this is down to security, ie the clan isnt allowed to have direct access to the servers etc.

Currently no GSP's in Ireland can operate ranked servers, a couple of us are chasing this up at the moment. Current status is that its not going to happen at the moment, but will in future. Hence Rev and myself (PoP Clan) renting servers from Multiplay for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 psycho_frodo

TiG have followed suit with regard to the ranked server problem as there seems to be no viable Irish GSP. Our ranked server can be found on 85.236.101.53:27833

:rolleyes:

Advertisement