Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "How the enemy are getting on" thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

SS won 5-1 against coffin dodgers last night. They're 3 points off the top. They can definitely still win the league. We have to pray to Jeebus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    SS won 5-1 against coffin dodgers last night. They're 3 points off the top. They can definitely still win the league. We have to pray to Jeebus

Yea, a couple of draws between ss and Fred west ham and then dunbar and fred west ham would help us out a lot.

SS Rovers beat IFG last night. Puts them level on 28 points with FWH and Dunbar but with a game more played

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Some relegation battle last night with IFG going down 5-4 to Eddie Rockets.

Maybe Kevin Keegan has taken over the management reins at Eddie Rockets ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sounds like a class game. :D

Excellent defenders.

• Advertisement

I think IFG's performances rely solely on Jules mate being in the team or not. He's a class player. Hint Hint Des

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I think IFG's performances rely solely on Jules mate being in the team or not. He's a class player. Hint Hint Des

which fellow was he? cant remember any stand out player really.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

number 8, centre midfield. Collie Murphy. an outstanding, understated footballer.

As Jules said, an absolutely quality player. He must be sick of losing all the time with IFG. Jules can tempt him with a sign on fee of a promise of Jager bombs on the team night out

Fred West beat IBM. But Dunbar drew with Trinity!!

• Advertisement

Damn, was hoping IBM would do us a favour - 3-1 is a good result for FWH.

Trinity did us a favour by taking 2 points of Dunbar, and might do the same against FWH. That said, this means they'll definitely give us a tough game.

I hate to say it at this stage but I think FWH have it sown up. They have the easiest run in. Even if they get beaten by Dunbar they'd have a good chance of winning it

hmmm, has any worked out now what that means for us? if dunbar beat fred west and we do the unthinable and win 6 from 6, are we going to win it?

at worst, there surely wont be more than a point or 2 in it. lads, second now is the least we should aim for. though saying that, trinity drawing should be a wake up call. we should not take them for granted, there a decent team.

if dunbar beat fred west and fw win the rest of their games we cant finish ahead of them

Out max potential is 42 points, meaning we'd need both FWH and Dunbar to only take 10 from remaining 15 points to put them on 42 and then hope we've better goal difference and heads-up results against them.

That'd mean we'd need Dunbar to beat FWH and someone like Trinity to draw or beat FWH.

We'd need SS Rovers to beat Dunbar, that's well possible.

The biggest assumption here is that we win all 6 of our remaining games. Once we take care of that, there's a reasonable chance of the above working out for us, given that the most unlikely result of the above is for Trinity to take points of FWH.

6 from 6 and we'll at least take 2nd spot, but we're not out of it yet lads.

If we win our last 6 and SS beat Dunbar think we'll be second then. And relying on Dunbar and a.n. other to beat FWH to win it

SS won last night

Fred West 8 Trinity 2. ffs

To clearly illustrate how bad we were tonight lads. Fred West Ham put 8 past the coffin dodgers. This is a team we ripped to shreds before Christmas

To clearly illustrate how bad we were tonight lads. Fred West Ham put 8 past the coffin dodgers. This is a team we ripped to shreds before Christmas

why?? cos we got stuck into fred west and every single team we played up until 2 weeks ago. there was no bite tonight nor the last 2 games either. we need to start fighting for balls and brushing players aside. we are gone back to being a nice team and its time to stop this again.

• Advertisement

I'm out injured...keeper mixed up his nights...top scorer is injured...centre half is running late.

could be another defeat for dunbar on the cards tonight

Iago wrote: »
    I'm out injured...keeper mixed up his nights...top scorer is injured...centre half is running late.

sounds like us for the past 3 weeks really.

Think Fred West have it sown up anyway

Well that's me & the keeper dropped.

Dunbar won 6-1

Well that's me & the keeper dropped.

Dunbar won 6-1
    :D:D

Good result for ye. Still think Fred West will knick it with their shoe in against Eddie Rockets to come. And you've the 3 toughest games left that you could have had

SS Rovers 14 - 0 Eddie Rockets

Wow, that's an impressive result, don't care who you're playing scoring 14 takes focus right from start to finish, along with a fair dose of ruthlessness.

Tonight really is a must-win game for Dunbar, eh Gary?

Tonight really is a must-win game for Dunbar, eh Gary?

At this point, all games are must-win for Dunbar, thankfully we've an easy run-in against 3 of the weaker teams in the league ;)

I think much like your good selves, it'll depend on which team turns up tonight for us. The team that played last week, or the team that has struggled to put teams away in previous games. It's pretty much the same set of players in the same positions, but sometimes they're switched on, and sometimes they're not.

• Advertisement

It's pretty much the same set of players in the same positions, but sometimes they're switched on, and sometimes they're not.
    Tell me about it.

Advertisement