Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snet.wit.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

they don't seem to tell anyone bout the alcohol policy though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The clubs and socs setup on the WIT is really disgracefull, there is no contact info for many of the clubs , it simply just asks you to ring/email the clubs and socs department.

There website isnt much better to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭briN_s

Dont be getting caught up in the whole alcohol policy thing. Like I said in the earlier post, I dont know if there are any actual policies or whatever, but everyone in the college should know at this stage the stance the college have on alcohol. Its is not only for this that they keep strict control of the website content, it is to keep anything off the websites that may bring the college into disrepute.

As for the website, it may not be that good, but the people who keep it updated have not got a background in computers, their background is sport and recreation. I know they approached me looking for some help with the basics. They contacted all clubs last year to try get contact details for the club to put up on the website, the people who gave them information now have it up on the site. If others arent arsed using the website as a source of advertising for their club, there is not a whole lot that the clubs and societies office can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

briN_s wrote: »

As for the website, it may not be that good, but the people who keep it updated have not got a background in computers, their background is sport and recreation. I know they approached me looking for some help with the basics. They contacted all clubs last year to try get contact details for the club to put up on the website, the people who gave them information now have it up on the site. If others arent arsed using the website as a source of advertising for their club, there is not a whole lot that the clubs and societies office can do.

Thats fair enough then I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Clubs and Societies office are actually putting together a clubs and societies handbook at the moment with updated information. It should be ready shortly after all the societies submit their info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

With the minimal interest in SNET, and the fact that just about no one seemed to notice it going down, I'm not going to ressurect it.

I have retrieved the hard drives, so anyone who had sites, databases, or other data on SNET that they want, please contact me, I wont be keeping it for long.

I can also provision hosting for anyone who wants it ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What hosting you offering, and where you storing it? Id fear for hosting like SNET offered. Clearly, that didnt work.

Advertisement