Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

www.bestquote.ie - Feedback

Options
  • 03-10-2007 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone here had gotten a quote and insurance from www.bestquote.ie? I know this site has been mentioned before and I know that they give quotes but what about the quality of the cover?

I cannot get the name of the company insuring me and let alone view the full terms and conditions for any quote before purchasing the policy. For me it seems that they are hiding alot of details pretaining to the policy and this stinks of doddgy.

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 prem_vw

I have tried alot of those online sites for quotes but none seem to be able to beat quinn-directs for cheap quotes. Give Quinn Insurance a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

I have my car insurance with McCarthy's on the South Mall in Cork (one and the same thing as bestquote). They are excellent to deal with, and my cover is underwritten by Axa. They were marginally more expensive than Quinn, but the Axa policy had a few nice trimmings that made it a better deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Darando

I know it might be a bit more hassle (not much though) but I found that actually ringing seems to be better than online quotes. You can be more specific on the phone than some generic internet form.

There are only really a few companies FBD, AXA, Quinn, Hibernian, Eagle Star, Allianze.

then you can also ring somewhere like best quote/broker.

I found it cheaper over the phone plus you can haggle a better price also :)

Advertisement