Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, anyone from the last century?

Options
  • 27-11-2004 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Wow, didn't realise these boards have been up and running for so long! Just stumbled on them and really don't wanna study for these exams, so these provide a worthwhile distraction!

I'm Paddy (also known as Patrick). As far as I can remember, I did Medical Technology in Session 1 of 1998 and Computer Applications in Session 2 of 1999. Anyone knocking round from back then?

I do remember Eoin Carolan. His brother Ciaran was in my class the first year (I think) and his sister (Deirdre?) was in the course the second time round.

RA's I remember: lemme see, Roisin died my hair blond the second year. Enda was my RA first time round and Darryl Hanberry (I think!) the second. I roomed with a guy called Andrew from the North the first time, and Stephen Burke the second time. Actually I met Stephen Burke a few weeks ago, but was drunk at the time!

So, anyone around from them bygone years?

Paddy

PS: Really shocked to hear Shiela Gilheaney left. What a legend!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

As the majority of replies to this thread have pointed out...I am in fact an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Raphael wrote:
    Hey. Before you make a tomfool of yourself (again), there's a god-damned who's who thread for a reason. People wiser and more mature than you put it there for a reason. Read through it, you may discover your lost friend. But remember the basic rule of using a web-forum

Don't start threads
    That makes so little sense that it sounds like something I'd quote out of an army field manual, which I wouldn't post of course, because I'd be nailed to the wall by the Official Secrets Act if I did. The manuals were written in the last century btw, thus giving my post a tiny degree of validity and ontopicness.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Raphael wrote:
    Hey. Before you make a tomfool of yourself (again), there's a god-damned who's who thread for a reason. People wiser and more mature than you put it there for a reason.

Ouch. Well it's good to know that this is a one of those nice forums you stumble onto on the net, with moderators who are, you know, nice and stuff.
    Read through it, you may discover your lost friend.
    Not trying to find a friend in particular, just a group of them.
    But remember the basic rule of using a web-forum:

Don't start threads

And hang on.... just gimme.... a minute....

Yeah, that's definitely the stupidest thing I've ever heard!
    I mean, come on. I may have made a faux-pas in starting a thread looking for people I used to know, but build a bridge!

Plus, I did post in the who's-who thread!

Plus, (and this is my favourite one) the whole point of a web-forum or bulletin board system is of course to converse with people. Are you saying that we can only chat in threads that the moderators start up? Don't give me a pain. (Plus, you've started 66 separate threads!)

Ouch. Well it's good to know that this is a one of those nice forums you stumble onto on the net, with moderators who are, you know, nice and stuff.
    Oh, he's not a mod. He just thinks he is. Ignore him

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

No real harm starting a thread. Old people are allowed start them. You younger ones aren't though. :P

By the way I AM a mod. I was around for both those years. 98-00 myself. I may or may not know you, such is life. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Raphael wrote:
    Hey. Before you make a tomfool of yourself (again), there's a god-damned who's who thread for a reason. People wiser and more mature than you put it there for a reason. Read through it, you may discover your lost friend. But remember the basic rule of using a web-forum

Don't start threads

Twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I think PaddyofNine wins this round, Raph.

I agree with everyone. I shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard when tired...

You're forgiven, for my part at least. You just go an have a little lie down.

Raph: But I just slept!

Me: I said, lie down.

Raph: But...

Me: SLEEP! NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Bleh! Quiet Aonghus! Heh, you say he's making a tomfool of himself. Not only are you a hypocrite but, *snigger* "tomfool".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Nice to see that the old values of fascism are being engendered in the kids from an early age ;) Its a shame that its been tainted by stupidity though, but then again, thats yet another early tradition...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Yay!! Raphael bashing!

Your just a big tomfool raphael, why dont ya just go tomfool around somewhere else, ya big tomfool

*slinks quietly out of thread, hanging his head*

Glad to see my setting a good example was followed. At the time of writing, Dave had 1,111 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

raphael banned for being much MUCH too uppity. Quit flaming.

and remember its a community forum, most anything here goes (unless halenger or myself doesnt like it/thinks it unsuitable).

banned until i finish my assignments (so anywhere between 4 days to 2 weeks).

Quiet ColHol! That is rather odd... wait, crap! I've ruined it now. Stupid 1,112 posts! Heh. Aonghus banned. It's going to be a quiet board for a while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

i missed raphael bashing...

...the world is indeed a cruel place!

Undergod wrote:
    Glad to see my setting a good example was followed. At the time of writing, Dave had 1,111 posts.
    This is post number 1337. Phear

Raphael bashing used to be fun last year, when he was a n00b, but it's not as much fun since I've started considering him to be a human being.

Whoops, I didn't mean to get anyone in trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

he gets himself in trouble well enough on his own, believe me :)

• Advertisement

Indeed....

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

........... I did Medical Technology in Session 1 of 1998 and Computer Applications in Session 2 of 1999..........

Hey Paddy!

Was in both classes and RA Groups with you. Niall Kelly here. Remember me? Little annoying guy from Donegal.

I'm not going to bother taking part in Raphael-bashing, as I saw the thread too late, and frankly I just couldn't be arsed...but next time, count me in!

Hey Paddy!

Was in both classes and RA Groups with you. Niall Kelly here. Remember me? Little annoying guy from Donegal.

I'm not going to bother taking part in Raphael-bashing, as I saw the thread too late, and frankly I just couldn't be arsed...but next time, count me in!

Hmmm. Doesn't ring a bell straight away but if I saw you I'd know ya I'm sure! Lemme see in the first year I lived with Andrew from Northern Ireland, whose brother was the guitar player for Divine Comedy! There was a guy called Ronan somethingorother from Dublin in our group - off the Irish chess team if I remember right! We used to hang around with a gang that included a little blonde American, Aaron Himchak (I think!).

Second year lived with a guy from Limerick called Stephen Burke. See him around a good bit now actually - he's in UCD like me.

Where you now, Niall anyway - whatcha at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Leave Raphael alone everyone. He got the message. Hi paddy. I was only starting out in '99, so we probably never met. I was in Game Theory in session 1 (you were in session 2, so we couldn't have met). Those were the best of times, they were the worst of times (don't anyone say I've misquoted, I know)

........Where you now, Niall anyway - whatcha at?

Doing Med in Galway, in second year, but it sucks royally - far too much work, not enough cadaever-chopping! What are you doing?

I can't really think of anything remarkable I did in those years that would trigger memories, I was/am bout two/three years than you so I may have been in different circles.

Just so I don't have you confused with another Paddy, you're from Roscommon, yeah?

Leave Raphael alone everyone.

Ah thats sweet, it really is

Doing Med in Galway, in second year, but it sucks royally - far too much work, not enough cadaever-chopping! What are you doing?

Wha! One of my bestest friends is in 2nd Med in Galway! You know Karen Browne?
    I can't really think of anything remarkable I did in those years that would trigger memories, I was/am bout two/three years than you so I may have been in different circles.

Two/three years than me, eh? That older or younger? :D

I'm in 2nd Med in UCD. I even used to go to NUIG! I took the scenic route, as I like to tell my mother to piss her off!

And yeah, I'm from Roscommon. There's not too many Ros exports in the world!

Yeah, I know Karen. Sound girl. I'll have to get on to her.

Two\Three years younger, i think anyway. May just have been a misperception.

If you're in 2nd Med UCD, you must know Irwin? A lot on this board know him, 'cause he's really really TALL!

Yeah, I know Karen. Sound girl. I'll have to get on to her.

Two\Three years younger, i think anyway. May just have been a misperception.

If you're in 2nd Med UCD, you must know Irwin? A lot on this board know him, 'cause he's really really TALL!

Tall is a bit of an understatement!

Is Irwin a CTYI alumnus?

• Advertisement

does the pope **** in the woods? Irwins a bit of a legend ya know

Advertisement