Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New System

Options
  • 03-10-2007 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Hey, looking to get a new system. Komplett seems to offer the best bang for buck considering i don't want to build it my self. Opinions on the following setup?
    The PC won't be used for gaming at all, but will be used for music recording/editing and some small scale animation/video production and editing. I've avoided the NorthQ power supply since they seem to have a very bad rep and opted for the faster 6400 RAM. Total comes to 1333 which is a bit over budget but i think i can manage it. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Gigabyte Triton 180 Black
    Corsair Powersupply 520W Black, ATX/EPS,
    ABIT IP35-E, P35, Socket-775, ATX,
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 2048MB CL5
    HIS Radeon X1650GT 256MB GDDR3, IceQ,
    Samsung SpinPoint T166 500GB SATA2
    NEC DVD±RW burner AD-7170 IDE Black OEM,
    Microsoft Windows XP Home SP2b
    Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000,
    Samsung 22" LCD Syncmaster 225BW TCO03

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Bigchrome

In order of your list:

-meh
    -yes
    -yes
    -yes (if you don't want to wait for penryn?)
    -HELL no! Crucial ballistix PC6400
    -You could go even cheaper
    -yup
    -REST....Whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

Thanks, I realise the case isn't very swanky but i'm not really pushed about aesthetics, just want a decent stable system.
    The faster crucial ram isn't available from the ram options selectable unfortunately.
    Was looking into the monitors some more and could probably shave a few quid off by going for the 22" acer screen instead of the samsung. Good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Samsung make great monitors! I have just ordered the 226cw which is great for gaming etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

py2006 wrote:
    Samsung make great monitors! I have just ordered the 226cw which is great for gaming etc.

yea i got the 226BW one for 80 squid less - still great!

yea i got the 226BW one for 80 squid less - still great!

I was going to get that one originally but apparently alot of people are saying its a lottory as to whether or not you get an actual samsung screen with it. They were using some cheap screens aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

py2006 wrote:
    I was going to get that one originally but apparently alot of people are saying its a lottory as to whether or not you get an actual samsung screen with it. They were using some cheap screens aswell.

yea dont listen to that crap at all. I dont know what happened there, but I know a lot of people that have bought it now and think its great. It might have just been one batch. Seriously, its a sexy monitor and looks great and performs well

yea dont listen to that crap at all. I dont know what happened there, but I know a lot of people that have bought it now and think its great. It might have just been one batch. Seriously, its a sexy monitor and looks great and performs well

Yea the cw looks exactly the same! I can't wait to get it! I must get a tv card for it so I can play my ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

a tvcard with hdmi input ? do they sell them? if so

DO WANT !

Advertisement