Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Accom

Options
  • 03-10-2007 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I've spent approx the last three weeks trying to find accomodation (preferably double room, in a house sharing with others) in Cork City, Bishopstown, Wilton or Douglas. I've just moved down here from Galway for a new job, and its beginning to wreck my head at this stage.

At the beginning I was using the Evening Echo, but everywhere on it was gone when I rang. Since then I've being using Daft.ie, but any decent place has about 20 people looking at it. Its probably the worst time of year to be looking as well with the students just back as well.

I'm trying to hold down a new job as well as find somewhere, so I can only really spend evenings looking for somewhere.

So anyone know/recommend any agencies or other means of finding somewhere to live?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

I'm not a student. And its been about 8 years since I was last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 foxybaz

check your pm's....

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Im having the same problem , im looking for a bedsit or a 1 bed flat, rent allowance if possible til I start a job. Is the echo my only alternative since im not a student ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Im having the same problem , im looking for a bedsit or a 1 bed flat, rent allowance if possible til I start a job. Is the echo my only alternative since im not a student ?

I'd say you'd have f**k all hope with a rent allowance unless you're willing to go well outside the city centre. What do I know though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement