Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last 10 days of Ramadan

• 03-10-2007 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Salam to everyone!

It's the last 10 days of Ramadan so let's all try and motivate each other to make the most of it. Ramadan only comes once a year and the last 10 days are a good chance to make up for the last 20 if they haven't gone as well as you'd hoped they would (I know they didn't for me).

Amr Khaled mentioned a nice kind of motto for Ramadan a couple of years ago. It's something that you personally say to God. It translates as "I'll worship You like never before".

Let's go all out!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I passed through Clonskeagh and they were a huge amount of people attending a ceremony at the mosque.

I was never in that area before so I'm visiting this forum to see what was on.
    Going by this thread it must be last day of Ramadan. Oct 3rd + 10 days = today.

Is that correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

That would have been the Eid prayers that was going on. Think of it as being roughly equivalent to Christians going to Church on Christmas day.

Eid ul Fitr is a celebration of the end of Ramadan. People go to pray at the mosque, go visit there families, children get gifts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 newireland

oh, ramadan was tough, just converted and it was tough. Mind you i must admit i broke it slightly after 16 days, I told my husband I was going for a walk but I went straight to the local mcdonalds and had a big mac and fries, I felt a bit guilty but I was strong from there on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

newireland wrote: »
    oh, ramadan was tough, just converted and it was tough. Mind you i must admit i broke it slightly after 16 days, I told my husband I was going for a walk but I went straight to the local mcdonalds and had a big mac and fries, I felt a bit guilty but I was strong from there on.

big mac isnt halal,then whats the point of ramadan if you are going to eat haram?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

newireland wrote: »
    I felt a bit guilty but I was strong from there on.

God would forgive u inshallah keep praying

You should do that day again, and I recommend doing it on Monday or Thursday

• Advertisement
Advertisement