Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No shots Ater Half1 /downtempo music??

Options
  • 03-10-2007 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Anyone heard of this? http://www.galwaynews.ie/1489-chilled-clubs-plan
    Is it a good idea and will it work.
    Me, I think they can just sh*g off and put more cops and the streets and leave my drink/music anlone. What do they mean by chill? Is there a bpm limit on it or no angry words or what? Daft.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Ah now, I'm just starting to get my dance on at half one!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Sounds **** to me, most people are only going into the clubs around 12,

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

MattKid wrote:
    Sounds **** to me, most people are only going into the clubs around 12,

If you ask me Ireland is going backwards in terms of its policy on drink. They should allow clubs to be open longer and there wouldnt be a need for such a stupid rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Stupid idea,people will just lash into shots earlier and be more hammered.For a while we had to put up with music being totally stopped and food served........went down a treat:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

They could only serve Bulmers after 11.30 in nightclubs and play Enya and people would still be drunk in the streets.

If you want to stop fighting keep nightclubs open longer. This will stagger the crowd coming out and Supermacs would make more money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

padi89 wrote:
    Stupid idea,people will just lash into shots earlier and be more hammered.For a while we had to put up with music being totally stopped and food served........went down a treat:rolleyes:

Ah them were the days! And bring back slow sets I tells ya!! :D

Slow sets aren't gonna work if they turn the lights up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Its worked for Cork, i enjoy a drink as much as the next person but if it stops this ****e going on outside Supermacs every weekend then im all for it especially if it eases the trouble and hassle some friends of mine get from twats stone drunk in A&E on a weekend night.

I've always been impressed by the lack of trouble at the end of a night in the centre. I don't think I've seen any in the 6 months I've been here, let alone been involved in any trouble

Steyr wrote:
    Its worked for Cork, i enjoy a drink as much as the next person but if it stops this ****e going on outside Supermacs every weekend then im all for it especially if it eases the trouble and hassle some friends of mine get from twats stone drunk in A&E on a weekend night.

The only reason it might work is that it will make some people leave the club early ie. from 1.30 onwards rather than having nearly everyone coming out at 2.30. But essentially thats just wrecking peoples night out.

The same could be accomplished by extending the opening hours - even if only for 4 clubs in the city with the rest closing at the regular times this would help to stagger people coming out. It would also ensure a good night life.

It's not going to stop people getting really drunk though. And if you don't like the trouble and bother of Supermacs well don't go there, hit off to Charcoal Grill or better yet back to a house to party on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I go out in Cork fairly often and have never noticed this, i'm not sure about shots but some dj's regularly play fast dance music right u[ until the club closes

MattKid wrote:
    I've always been impressed by the lack of trouble at the end of a night in the centre. I don't think I've seen any in the 6 months I've been here, let alone been involved in any trouble

That is true actually Galway is pretty quite as it is. IMO not much trouble going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Steyr wrote:
    but if it stops this ****e going on outside Supermacs every weekend

Im out fairly regularly and honestly i have not seen any trouble around Supermacs or Galway in years to be honest.Go back 8-10 years,yes there was a fair bit but now........:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

kevmy wrote:
    They could only serve Bulmers after 11.30 in nightclubs and play Enya and people would still be drunk in the streets.

If you want to stop fighting keep nightclubs open longer. This will stagger the crowd coming out and Supermacs would make more money

Enya.. Lol!
    Lord knows being subjected to her dulcet tones before being ejected onto the streets of Galway could send any sane person postal.

Ideally staggering closing times is a solution but we all know we'd be clammernig to get into whichever pub served latest. Result a crowd of unhappy thirsty drunkards gathered outside one establishment. Mayhem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

kevmy wrote:

It's not going to stop people getting really drunk though. And if you don't like the trouble and bother of Supermacs well don't go there, hit off to Charcoal Grill or better yet back to a house to party on

I wouldnt step inside the Charcoal Grill if you paid me, i go to the Kebab House and well House Party's are a load of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

And yet they criminalised mushrooms.

Nanny state indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I think later is the way to go...and stagger when we leave...3 is too early to be out of a club...make it 4, some will leave at 2, some 3...some 4...

Read in Galway First this morning that "a nightclub owner" essentially said feck off we're not going to do this in Galway.

Then in a piece of classic subject switching went on to blame Buckfast for all the anti-social behaviour in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I've never noticed this in Cork either. Freakscene always ends with a waltz, but I think they always did that anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They should leave 4-6 clubs open till the punters in there drop and bang it out at 120bpm+ all night till they collapse with exhaustion. 9am if needs bees . I would restrict shots after 1.30 am though and give them free chilled water thereafter too. That takes care of one demographic.

For the rest of the pubs I agree with the chillaxing and no shots idea.

The whole plan is to stop herds of wound up drunken eejits infesting eyre square at the same time , c 3am , and staggering (sic) closing time is the best way to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Just close supermacs & abra's. people would have no reason to hang around then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Deffo make supermac pay for 'their own' policing costs. Simply imagine that supermac is a nightly skanger me banger rally and price the policing accordingly :)

Advertisement