Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for a taxi from Dundrum to City Centre?

Options
  • 03-10-2007 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know roughly how much you'd expect to pay in getting a cab from Dundrum to the City Centre? Going for a few drinks there on Friday night, and don't want to clockwatch for the Luas..

Also, are there generally a lot of cabs around Dundrum after closing at the weekends?

Thanks,

Kev.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I regularly get a taxi from Barton rd in Dundrum to town and it'd be late enough too, it costs roughly €15 everytime. You should also get a taxi handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Luas is the way to go, it goes every ten minutes and drops you right into town.
    But should cost between 15/20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Does anyone know roughly how much you'd expect to pay in getting a cab from Dundrum to the City Centre?
    It depends on:
    1. The time
    2. The number of passengers
    3. Whether it's booked or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Roughly €12 from Dundrum Main St to Georges St,

Add €2 for call out and €1 ea for every pax after the first

Avoid the call out charge by flagging one down, there will be loads around on a Fri night

Ps enjoy your night out mate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

It depends on:
    1. The time
    2. The number of passengers
    3. Whether it's booked or not.

4. The route taken
    5. The time taken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Bluetonic wrote:
    4. The route taken
    5. The time taken
    I presumed that he would know that much! ;)

.....or what about.....

6. The tip. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

.....or what about.....

6. The tip. :D[/QUOTE]

From a Southsider ??:rolleyes: You've gotta be joking !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Thanks for the info folks!

The last luas goes at 12.30am, which may be a tad early for me. Also, I don't want to be dying for a pee on the luas, and then have to walk from Stephen's Green. I give out enough about the stink of p*ss on the streets, I don't want to contribute to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lm7

I am a taxi driver you should never have to pay anymore than 15 euro going to city center,.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I go regularly from Townsend Street to Barton Road East, your taxi should be between 12 and 13 euros, I generally up it to 15 by way of a tip. Plenty of taxis at the rank down outside the cinema entrance to the Dundrum Centre.

• Advertisement
Advertisement