Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exercise - The futility

• 03-10-2007 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

If I do 1 hours exercise everyday for say the next 30 years of my life I might live longer.

Now lets look at that, if I run continuously for 65 weeks over 30yrs I'll get a few extra weeks when I'm 80, but are they equal to the weeks wasted running in circles when I was in my prime?

Swap a week drinking and chorousing now for a week 30 years from now p1ssing yourself and dribbling. What do you think?

Comments

I think I'll go to the bar. Excercise is stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Agreed. Futile plus a self expulsion from BGRH.
    Non-sensical.

Though i find some benefit from the trips to the fridge for libation ( when missus not on premises obviously ) Goodies are to be found there!

Also alternating arms whilst embibing performs the dual role of RSI prevention and sensory backup ( is there sufficient in can for a good swally or should i send for new one now?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

joeclif wrote:
    Agreed. Futile plus a self expulsion from BGRH.

Stop the lights there boss! I hope your not insinuating that I exercise? :eek:

Them's fighting words where I come from, but you're lucky, I don't live there anymore. :D

No, a guy I work with is an exercise fanatic and a few of us were trying to convince him of the futility of his actions. He couldn't see the flaw in swapping time in the prime of his life for possible time in the twilight years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Hagar wrote:
    30 years from now p1ssing yourself and dribbling.

yeah, but then, you wont be nagged to do any house work, go down to the shop to get what she forgot earlier, cut the grass, fix what she broke, etc etc.

i'm looking forward to that, plus when you get to that stage, you can say whatever the feck you want, whenever you want, to who ever you want.

i'm just biding my time here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you might have different opinion when you're 80 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Mordeth wrote:
    you might have different opinion when you're 80 :)

in all honestly, if i make it to 80, my only opinion will be 'i cant believe i'm still here'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

sudoku is the only exercise i need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Hagar wrote:
    If I do 1 hours exercise everyday for say the next 30 years of my life I might live longer.

Now lets look at that, if I run continuously for 65 weeks over 30yrs I'll get a few extra weeks when I'm 80, but are they equal to the weeks wasted running in circles when I was in my prime?

Swap a week drinking and chorousing now for a week 30 years from now p1ssing yourself and dribbling. What do you think?

I get the feeling you're preaching to the choir on this one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sorry to off topic Hagar, but there's a wee lesson to be learnt here...
    Senna wrote:
    you wont be nagged to do any house work
    She nags, you go to pub. Rules is rules.
    Senna wrote:
    go down to the shop to get what she forgot earlier
    Opportunity to pop into pub before & after buying pint of milk, KY Jelly, or whatever.
    Senna wrote:
    cut the grass
    Bit of a contentious one this, on one hand it could be construed as exercise, on the other - an excuse to drink more to slake your rabid thirst.
    Senna wrote:
    fix what she broke, etc etc.
    Opportunity to pop into pub on way back from Woodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

What's a Woodies???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Hagar wrote:

There is no pleasure worth foregoing now for an extra year in the geriatric ward .... John Mortimer :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

PUUUULEEASE.

I'd prefer not to spend more time in nappies, childhood was bad enough. The day i can no longer wipe my hole is hte day ill stop breathing.

Live fast, die young, leave a wonderful stain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Hagar wrote:
    What's a Woodies???

It's what you get on steak and BJ night :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The thing about excersise is that it doesn't just let you live longer, it keeps you in your prime longer. So an while the average 80 year old is drooling and pissing themselves from senility. The 80 year old who excerised is going to be drooling and pissing themselves from the 3 bottles of whiskey they drank with their breakfast.

Plus daily excersise is easy, simply run straight to the pub when you get home from work. For extra benefit jump up and down at the bar, also ensuring you get your pint as quickly as possible. If you're feeling really energetic, run to the chipper afterwards too, thus beating the queues. And finally walking in a swaying zigzagging manner means you walk further, so walking home is great excersise too.

I'm pretty sure this is what they mean by "cross-training"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Right lads I'm going to make this as simple as possible to understand.
    Exercise=better body which in turn equals MORE SEX. Who cares about living longer we all know what we are after.

Right lads I'm going to make this as simple as possible to understand.
    Exercise=better body which in turn equals MORE SEX. Who cares about living longer we all know what we are after.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I take sex advice from someone who calls themself "smellslikeshoes". :D

Get away back to the bottom of your built in wardrobe! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Hill Billy wrote:
    It'll be a cold day in hell before I take sex advice from someone who calls themself "smellslikeshoes". :D

Get away back to the bottom of your built in wardrobe! :)
    Likewise sir I wouldn't take said advice from someone called hill billy, think its time you finished up your possum gumbo and cleaned out the outhouse :D

Likewise sir I wouldn't take said advice from someone called hill billy, think its time you finished up your possum gumbo and cleaned out the outhouse :D

When ah'm a-dun wid mah cuzzin. :D

Here's me & mah brudder. He de ugly un'.

twins.jpg

Advertisement