Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hsdpa/satellite broadband + voip?

Options
  • 03-10-2007 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Basically I want to be able to use VoIP services with broadband from Ripwave, Clearwire, Vodafone etc, ie without land line connected in the flat. What do you recommend? AFAIK, you can only connect one RJ-45 cable on the Ripwave, and none at all on the Huawei ones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

Yeah i use vodafones broadband modem for skype and xbox live so you should be ok :)

102820334.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

conjamuk wrote:
    Yeah i use vodafones broadband modem for skype and xbox live so you should be ok :)

Sorry I should have made myself clearer, I am talking about those VoIP boxes
    you get from Blueface, etc:
    http://www.tilgin.com/templates/i3_ProductPage.aspx?id=252

That's why I am asking about where to connect the extra RJ45 cable here...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

You can buy a router, that'll interface with the Huawai 3g modems. Was mentioned here on boards somewhere before.

But even though, not sure, you'll get it to work, as the latency and quality of the 3g connection isn't great for VoIP

/Marlow

Advertisement