Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i structure a document for submission?

Options
  • 03-10-2007 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok am just wondering if anyone has any information on how an essay has to be structured for handing in, i dont mean like how to write it but what font i have to use double spacing etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Each department, hell each lecturer has a different standard and alot (depending on the year you're in) dont care what font, spacing etc. you use as long as it not taking the piss and really small or really big.

A good starting point would be size 12, Times New Roman, 1.5 line spacing. Increase those sizes slightly if you think your essay isnt filling enough pages though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Depends what to what department you're submitting it. If it's history, grab a copy of the history handbook from the department office (C1-block) which has all the info relating to presentation guidelines. Other than that, maybe check the relevant department's website - might have the info there. If you still can't find anything, start with Times New Roman size 12, 1.5 spacing and make sure it's justified!! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

You need a smack for using TNR :mad:!!

Oh, and Comic Sans is another smack.worthy font as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The world doesn't revolve around Verdana kai:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

sceptre wrote:

:eek: HE'S ALIVE! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

sceptre wrote:
    The world doesn't revolve around Verdana kai:)
    shup you :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Verdana?

No way, Calibri and MS Trebuchet.

Advertisement