Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoes slightly too big

• 03-10-2007 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭

Bought gorrrrrrrrrrgeous new shoes today and in my blinded love for them tried them on with socks and they fit fine but now wearing them without socks they're a tad too big...is there anything I can put in them to keep them from falling off when I've got my groove on on the dancefloor? ;) I tried a size smaller in the shop and they were too small so taking them back and getting a smaller size isn't really an option. So just wondering if any of ye have any tips/secret weapons to fix this problem? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭stewiegriffin08

havent got a clue... cause im a fella, wat about thoose insole grip things that you hear about... i take it u watch heroes clare bear....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I've been getting that a lot lately but I've never seen the show...Clare Bear's been my nickname since day dot. But everyone thinks now that it's cause of Heroe's and it isn't. Boooooooooo Heroe's, boooooooooo! :p

In sole grip thingies...never heard of them, no....I'll suss them out though, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭ceidefields

THere's also these things that you put in the back of the heel (Scholls makes 'em) that stop your foot slipping out of the shoe.

Love
    Silar...bwaahhhhh haaahaahaahaahaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Or put insoles into them. They will feel a bit more tight.

Nightwish wrote:
    Or put insoles into them. They will feel a bit more tight.

It's kind of at the back there's a little gap, just a tiny one but it makes a difference when I'm walking. Would in soles make it better? I'll crack my neck falling over if I have to, they're worth it! :D

• Advertisement

THere's also these things that you put in the back of the heel (Scholls makes 'em) that stop your foot slipping out of the shoe.

Love
    Silar...bwaahhhhh haaahaahaahaahaa

That sounds like it might work, will give them a go, thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I'd just put tissue in the shoes??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Clare Bear wrote:
    It's kind of at the back there's a little gap

put an insole in and cut it in half only keeping the front end where the ball of your foot is. This way its more comfy on the front, but you tighten up that gap. Or leave the whole insole in if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I've had shoes a bit big for me and i bought those scholl heel grip things. They're like spongy stickers and they stop you're foot sliding out of the shoe (hopefully!). It worked great for me and i got a big longer out of the shoes (they were stretching)

Thanks very much for the info guys! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

watna wrote:
    I've had shoes a bit big for me and i bought those scholl heel grip things. They're like spongy stickers and they stop you're foot sliding out of the shoe (hopefully!). It worked great for me and i got a big longer out of the shoes (they were stretching)

^^^

Yup, those things are good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

Insoles are definitely the way to go, they take them down about half a size or so. I have very tiny feet so I often have this problem when buying pretty shoes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Scholl also had 'half' insoles on sale at one stage - not sure if they still do them for under the ball of your foot. I've also used the heel grips already mentioned for exactly your problem and they worked great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 giveersumwelly

hi guys, sorry to hijack ur thread clare bear...but i also have a fab pair of shoes that are a size to big for me and keep slipping of and wud love to be able to wear them.

where can u buy the scholl things? anyone? :o

i knew they were to big when i bought them but they were out of stock in my size i just had to have them!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

where can u buy the scholl things? anyone? :o

Most chemists, Boots and supermarkets seem to stock a range of Scholl products including heel grips and in soles. I think Boots also do an own brand range which appears to be the same as the Scholl range.

Thanks guys but tried those insoles lastnight and my shoes still kept slipping off me. It's really annoying cause they're in my size but just slightly too big. Any other advice? Apart from superglueing my feet to them (they are rather pretty though, it might just be worth it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

Maybe use a combination of insoles/heelgrips? Who says you can only use one!

dirtydress wrote:
    Maybe use a combination of insoles/heelgrips? Who says you can only use one!

Can't seem to find those heel grip things at all, tried a few pharmacies here and Tesco and Dunnes. I'll keep trying though thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

In soles don't sound like they'd do much good in this case as ClareBear is saying it's loose at the back, seriously the heel grips are the only way to go, you should be able to get them in most shoe shops, or even ask the staff in a shoe shop and they'll point you in the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Hi, head to boots they have the whole scholl range.
    Stick a pair of party feet in the front of the shoes. get the heel gel plasters and put those at the back. It will bulk out the back of the shoes and stop your heels getting rubbed
    If you cant find the specific heel ones - clear gel blister plasters will do
    Clare bear I see you are in Maynooth - head to boots in naas they have all that stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 -avey-

U cudnt chance wearin out shoes dat r slightly 2 big 4 u, i bought gorge green ones a while back n taut i'd get away wit wearin dem out..mistake :( next time i wore dem i bought a pair of d insoles u can jus cut down 2 size (got dem in tesco), and used a few of d scholl pads, der just wee small patches of gel-like rubber dat u can put wer d shoes are rubbin against ur foot. good luck :D

Ah ye're all so helpful thanks guys! :D To Boots I go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 nippynan

Hi Clare Bear - just wondering did that work for you - i've now got the same problem - bought the shoes on the net and i don't want to send them back cause i know the next size down will be too tight. I feel like supergluin them to my feet too! :D

Oh I gave up in the end, nothing really worked...and they're so pretty, it's torture looking at them! Maybe if there's something on where I can walk two feet from the taxi to a table I can wear them out but otherwise they're being banished to the back of the wardrobe!

oh no that's awful - wouldn't you think in this day and age they'd have come up with some kind of either shoe decreaser or foot extensions - wonder would a shoe repair shop be able to do anything? i was goin to go to the man at tesco in maynooth and ask him - he put new heels on my boots before and they're like new:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

I had the exact same problem sat night! Was fine dancing away in them once I had a couple of drinks in me, but afterwards I ended up popping on my flats!!:p

nippynan wrote: »
    oh no that's awful - wouldn't you think in this day and age they'd have come up with some kind of either shoe decreaser or foot extensions - wonder would a shoe repair shop be able to do anything? i was goin to go to the man at tesco in maynooth and ask him - he put new heels on my boots before and they're like new:confused:

A foot extension, you genius!! ;) Aww I love that guy in Maynooth, he fixed shoes for me before, such a dote. Yeah maybe something could be done...I'm kind of over it now, though they do keep me awake some nights calling my name knowing I'll never be able to wear them :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Oh clare, the situations you get yourself in. Little sympathy for ya trying on shoes when wearing those big football socks you're so fond of...

An old friend of mine used the heel grip thingys though... and you knoe the bigger blister plasters, one of them along with it. Oh the memories.Fond memories.

Oh Tommy, my problems are big ones as usual.

Heel grips were feck all good, you can have the shoes if you want, think they'd suit you.

• Advertisement

i'm about to buy another pair now on the internet - hope these are ok - otherwise i'll have to get a glasscase for shoes... these ones have a T strap tho and a buckle so that should keep them on! Goin to invest in a pile of grips, insoles etc tomorrow and give them a go in these other ones...Oh lordi what are we all like with our shoe problems... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 karry1412

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Can't seem to find those heel grip things at all, tried a few pharmacies here and Tesco and Dunnes. I'll keep trying though thanks.

I think you can get them in Barratts... Hope they work for you! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

I bought heel grips in marks and spencers but they were for strappy sandals and they worked a treat. I had to glue them on to the strap though as the adhesive wasn't strong enough to keep them in place.

Oooh I could always get straps put on them, it might help anyway....oh the dilemma!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i had the same problem; nice expensive shoes, far too big and couldn't be brought back. they are black formal and i ended up wearing 2 pairs of socks and those heel grips, but those grips kept falling off the fabric! glue next time, me thinks...

Oh Tommy, my problems are big ones as usual.

Heel grips were feck all good, you can have the shoes if you want, think they'd suit you.

Cheers, where were they made? (see what i did there?)

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Cheers, where were they made? (see what i did there?)

China. And if you sniff hard enough you'll get a slight whiff of orphan sweat. It's faded at this stage but you know that smell so well yourself that you should be able to still pick it up. And they're purple, so your colour. Not Nike though I'm afraid Goat, I know how much you love your labels.

China. And if you sniff hard enough you'll get a slight whiff of orphan sweat. It's faded at this stage but you know that smell so well yourself that you should be able to still pick it up. And they're purple, so your colour. Not Nike though I'm afraid Goat, I know how much you love your labels.

That is so annoying. Almost as annoying as your face. Glad ya moved. ( a little harsh... sorry, i don't really mean it)

Back on topic... Can anyone help the shoes???

lordgoat wrote: »
    That is so annoying. Almost as annoying as your face. Glad ya moved. ( a little harsh... sorry, i don't really mean it)

Back on topic... Can anyone help the shoes???

Not as annoying as your mother's face.

Back on topic, I've given up on the shoes, they're nothing but trouble!

I still haven't managed to get to the chemist - goin to buy heel grips, half insoles and party feet whatever they are... but i'll try anythin :p

Got these boots in Aldi too 29.99 and the front is soooooo pointy - ridiculously pointy - but i just wanted brown velvety boots, was in aldi and i said they'd do. Well I wore them for 5 hours this evenin and the toes on my right foot got so squashed. My right foot must be bigger than my left but if you saw them you'd wonder how a human foot would fit in that shape boot anyway! Goin to get my uncle to stretch them with his shoe stretcher! From loose shoes to tight - at least now I'll appreciate the nicer ones fallin off ha :D

Advertisement