Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for windows remote assitance

Options
  • 03-10-2007 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone was willing to help me out trying to get xbox 360 media centre working on my home network. I cant figure it out for the life of me. Maybe someone would be willing to do a remote assistance session ?
    Wexfordman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

What stage of the process have you reached?

What router are you using?
    What version of Windows?
    What are you trying to stream to Xbox?

Can you access the Media Centre option from the Xbox at all after carrying out the initial configuration (entering the code from the 360 to the PC etc) - or have you got that far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Sorry, should have put more detail in the origional post, had just come off a long long support call with XBOX support, so my head was wrecked (they had'nt resolved it obviously).

Anyway, my set up is as follows

XBOX 360 wired to a linksys wrt54gp2 router
    Vista machine is HP laptop running windos vista premium
    Laptop is connected to router wirelessly, although also tried a wired connection to no avail.

I can work through the set up, enter the 8 digit keys etc, the vista identifies the 360, and the 360 identifies the laptop. It gets as far as the black screen on the XB0X 360 syaing Media Centre connecting, then after a few minutes seems to fail to connect, with the error message "Connection terminated, the XB0X 360 has unexpectedly disconnected from your windows media pc"

So to my mind, it does seem to connect, but fails shortly afterwards, or fails to complete the process.

I have tried setting up 360 with internal fixed IP adress, no change, I have also tried to connect 360 direct to laptop, again to no avail, although I may have done this incorrectly, but I set up the laptop for ICS, and was able to log on to xbox live via the 360 connected directly to the laptop with ICS on. Still even then could not get media centre working.

XB0X support got me to enable port forwarding (5 ports) on the router, and check some files etc, but apart from that they just keep going through the same proceess with me and then telling me they will ahve to get a technical support expert to call me, whcih as I said, they never follow through with.

Sorry for the long mail, thanks for the reply, and ideas/suggestions appreciated.

Wexfordman

Ha,

3 RED LIGHTS, My xbox went loolaaa tonight (and I just got it back from repair about 3 weeks ago with the same fault).

Anyone know Bill Gates's email adress :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

wexfordman wrote:
    Ha,

3 RED LIGHTS, My xbox went loolaaa tonight (and I just got it back from repair about 3 weeks ago with the same fault).

Anyone know Bill Gates's email adress :D

No, but I'd say he might be too busy to give you Remote Assistance! :D

Of course, silly me, he's going into retirment is'nt he. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement