Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Tips

Options
  • 03-10-2007 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

hey im just wondering has anyone any advice/tips to doing well in exams particularly physics business and english???cheers!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

A bit of study doesn't go amiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭cartman444

really???????? i knew i forgot something!!!!!!:p :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 exabyte7

Well I would think looking up the .pdfs of some of the Leaving Cert Suppliments that newspapers publish might help you. I know they have some on skoool.ie and on the websites of the particular newspapers themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

English Paper 1.

Read the texts, obviously. And the questions, then read the texts again. Whichever text is best used to you, with the questions in mind, underline parts of the text you think answer the question.

In your answer, with each new point, start a new paragraph.

Question B, obviously whichever one you're best at. Stick to the time limit.

Paper 2.

Start with the comparative. Worth the most marks.
    Next, Macbeth. Othello I think for you lot?
    Then poetry. 5 poems not neccessary, 4 will suffice if your timing isn't the best.
    Unseen poetry ALWAYS LAST. Don't think about it for ages, look at the question, sum up the poem, answer in accordance with the questions.

My timing was running over, so my unseen poetry answer was a mess of a paragraph, and it still got 13/20 because the marking scheme says it doesn't have to be long.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I got an A1 in Physics thanks to my teacher who made us do every single exam paper.By the time the LC actually came around we had all the Fallons papers and the majority of the Ed company papers done and marked with LC marking schemes.
    The practical section is easy to do well if you know what they are looking for.Ask your teacher to go through marking schemes with you.The year I did it one of the experiments that came up we had done 3/4 times in diff exam papers and so it took 5mins coz I knew exactly what they were looking for.
    The definations in most books are very long winded, the marking schemes are usually looking for a couple of specific words, you can tell buy how many marks are going for the question how much info to give.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Just relax, the leaving cert is a big anti climax.

Advertisement