Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You Call Yourself A Man, Dida?

• 03-10-2007 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

What exactly is he playing at? I don't understand, I thought the fan had a knife and slit his throat based on dida's reaction. Then I see that the fan grazes his face with his fingers!

I know, I know the fan shouldn't have done it, but dida makes me sick. I'm actually vomiting as I type. Does he not know there were cameras? And that people will see what a hack he is?

EDIT: I can't imagine how he shaves?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

well, celtic are gonna have trouble getting results at an empty stadium in the follwing home games....

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

what a muppet (not dida, the fan)

Celtic could be looking at playing in closed stadiums after this. The fan should be banned for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

HEHEHE that was hilarious. Rivaldo hasnt a patch on Dida.

I cant believe he lay on the stretcher without laughing.

Whats the bet dida has one of the facemasks on at the weekend.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Result will probably stand but Celtic to face a few games behind closed doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Stekelly wrote:
    HEHEHE that was hilarious. Rivaldo hasnt a patch on Dida.

I cant believe he lay on the stretcher without laughing.

Maybe he was helping Uefa make up their minds :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

copacetic wrote:
    what a muppet (not dida, the fan)

Celtic could be looking at playing in closed stadiums after this. The fan should be banned for life.

Of course the fan is a muppet, that is a given. But are you saying dida is not a muppet for doing what he did? Do you not think he is a dishonest son of bitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Celtic will be punished, and rightly so. But Dida should be fined and banned as well for that.

I couldn't give a flying f**k about Dida, that fan should be shot.

keano_afc wrote:
    Celtic will be punished, and rightly so. But Dida should be fined and banned as well for that.

Exactly, just because the fan touched him does not give him the right to do what he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

Hope Dida is all right he didn't look too well on the stretcher, ice pack should help tho....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Okay, the fan was an idiot. There are a lot of them and it must be hard enough to keep tens of thousands of people off the pitch,but it happened and Celtic should probably be fined.

But Dida...he is a disgrace to the game! Seriously. He should be banned for what he just did there,of course he won't be,but he for that kind of bull he should be banned for several games. The fan grazes him on the neck with this palm,Dida decides he is fine enough to sprint after the fan only to realise the top of his head is now hurting him,not close to where he was actually tapped.

And then he actually goes off on a stretcher with an ice pack to his head. That is just as bad as diving during a game. Really annoyed me watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brazilians must be wired differently. Apparently when they are struck it takes a while for their brains to send the pain signal and when it finally does, it's always in the face.

Hope that f*cker gets banned - and the fan as well sure. ;)

copacetic wrote:

Why do you feel so strongly about the fan and not dida?
    I suppose you could ask me why I feel so strongly about dida and not the fan.
    My answer is that it is obvious the fan is a gimp and he will definately be punished and everyone will give out about him. But it is the idea that dida's behaviour is seemingly acceptable that grates me.

keano_afc wrote:

It's funny, really, but when Saha did it last week he was just making sure justice was served.

I'm not condoning Dida, but cheating is pandemic in the game, not just among "johnny foreigner".

because dida wouldn't come in to it if the fan hadn't given him the excuse. I didn't say his behaviour was acceptable, but people looking for bans is hilarious. What rule doesn't allow him to playact?

The fans actions will have major reprucussions for celtics, didas none for Milan. thats the difference.

copacetic wrote:
    because dida wouldn't come in to it if the fan hadn't given him the excuse. I didn't say his behaviour was acceptable, but people looking for bans is hilarious. What rule doesn't allow him to playact?

The fans actions will have major reprucussions for celtics, didas none for Milan. thats the difference.

QFT.

Agree with copa *shudder* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bringing the game into disrepute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

i don't think anyone is saying that dida's reaction was anything other than totally feigned, but in fairness, if the moron fan had stayed off the pitch, or indeed, kept his hands to himself - well then dida wouldnt have had anything to exagerate

anyways - nice to see celtic win - and their fans showing what they're made of

nipplenuts wrote:
    QFT.

Agree with copa *shudder* :)

I feel dirty too!

copacetic wrote:

The same one that got the Chilean keeper a ban?

He wasnt just playacting he was cheating to get Celtic as a club banned and fined and to get the match voided & awarded 3-0 to Milan.

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Bringing the game into disrepute?

I don't see how it would hold up, they would have doctors saying he was traumatised and all sorts.

Celtic are in the shite over this, it's not what the fan did, but what he could have done. How there was no steward anywhere near him I'll never know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

nipplenuts wrote:
    It's funny, really, but when Saha did it last week he was just making sure justice was served.

I'm not condoning Dida, but cheating is pandemic in the game, not just among "johnny foreigner".

Saha is french, and i believe keaon_afc supports arsenal

Stekelly wrote:
    The same one that got the Chilean keeper a ban?

He wasnt just playacting he was cheating to get Celtic as a club banned and fined and to get the match voided & awarded 3-0 to Milan.

Well that was a totally different level, no fan attacked him and I didn't see Dida slicing himself open to get the blood going either..

copacetic wrote:
    Well that was a totally different level, no fan attacked him and I didn't see Dida slicing himself open to get the blood going either..

"Attacked" :D
    He didnt cut himself, but the intent was the same, he was trying to get Celtic punished and get the game awarded to Milan.

Stekelly wrote:
    Attacked? :D

well got close enough to act like he was attacked. wasn't the whole chile thing planned from start to finish? are you saying the celtic fan was a milan plant??

copacetic wrote:

I don't see how it would hold up, they would have doctors saying he was traumatised and all sorts.

Celtic are in the shite over this, it's not what the fan did, but what he could have done. How there was no steward anywhere near him I'll never know..

I don't see how a panel of uefa judges (whoever reviews incidents like this) can not see that dida is blatantly trying to gain advantage from the situation through being outrageously dishonest. He was stretchered off ffs, there is no way in hell anyone can argue that he required a stretcher even as a precaution... All diving annoys me, but this is the sort of thing (like rivaldo's incident) that looking at the video evidence is proof that he is cheating. It's not arguable at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Unless retrospective bans for diving/playacting have been introduced, nothing is going to happen to Dida. Yes, I don't like it either but calling for his head is a bit much. Celtic will end up playing their next 2 group games at home behind closed doors for failing to control their fans. Like it or not, that 'fan' could well have cost Celtic qualification from the group. And it's that 'fan' who's mostly at fault in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Anyone have a link to a clip of this incident?

copacetic wrote:
    well got close enough to act like he was attacked. wasn't the whole chile thing planned from start to finish? are you saying the celtic fan was a milan plant??

No, I was saying Dida's whole reaction was put on to get Celtic banned, the match voided and awarded 3-0 to Milan.

An Citeog wrote:
    Unless retrospective bans for diving/playacting have been introduced, nothing is going to happen to Dida. Yes, I don't like it either but calling for his head is a bit much. Celtic will end up playing their next 2 group games at home behind closed doors for failing to control their fans. Like it or not, that 'fan' could well have cost Celtic qualification from the group. And it's that 'fan' who's mostly at fault in this case.

"Brining the game into disrepute" is a catch all for incidents that arent already legislated for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

that was one of the most disgraceful behaviours i have ever seen from a footballer....

If Dida does not get punished for that kind of play acting then there is a bunch of idiots running football today.

if anyone gets hit in the head like he supposedly was from where he ice pack was placed on their head...they are going straight down.

Dida should recieve a ban... Milan should be fined.

Celtic should play a couple of matches behind closed doors and be fined also but to award the match to Milan would be a travesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

A gif. for anyone who didn't see it.

2dhd93s.gif

Quality stuff. I hope Dida gets punished for feigning injury or something. The fan should be banned for life from Celtic Park, too.

Washout wrote:
    that was one of the most disgraceful behaviours i have ever seen from a footballer....

If Dida does not get punished for that kind of play acting then there is a bunch of idiots running football today.

if anyone gets hit in the head like he supposedly was from where he ice pack was placed on their head...they are going straight down.

Dida should recieve a ban... Milan should be fined.

Celtic should play a couple of matches behind closed doors and be fined also but to award the match to Milan would be a travesty.

Yes, there has to be limit to the amount of bullsh!t uefa/fifa will put up with from players. There has to be a point, where the cheating is so obvious and outrageous that something has to be done, they have to set a precedent that if it can be proved beyond a reasonable doubt using video evidence that players will be punished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

What the fan did was wrong and cant be excused, but what Dida did was a joke, worse than van nistelroy(excuse the spelling) and viera/pizzagate incident. Dida gets grazed at most, chases after the fan, cant catch him, then decides in front of god knows how many fans, and god knows how many Sky cameras, like he's been shot. makes pires, ronaldo and others look honest. fan should get banned, and probably will, celtic will play in front of empty celtic park for a while, thanks to him. but Dida is just a disgrace.

^What exactly did Van Nistelrooy do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

copacetic wrote:
    Depends what age he is imo. If he's old enough to have a bit of common sense he should be given a few days in prison tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

ghost26ie wrote:
    but what Dida did was a joke, worse than van nistelroy(excuse the spelling) and viera/pizzagate incident.

:rolleyes: oh ffs.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Depends what age he is imo. If he's old enough to have a bit of common sense he should be given a few days in prison tbh.

well just a leg shot then, so he can only limp for a while..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

he looked quite young the fan i think, wouldnt be suprised if he was 15/16

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

eirebhoy wrote:

A few days in prison...thats a bit of an over reaction.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote:
    well just a leg shot then, so he can only limp for a while..
    :D tbh I was a bollox before I was the legal age to drink so I'm slightly more forgiven to kids doing things like this. He looked like a kid to me but all UEFA care about is the policing and it was a failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Neither the fan or Dida very clever. Both should be punished. Fan life banned from Parkhead. Dida heavily fined.

Celtic will face reprecussions though I'm afraid.

Dub13 wrote:
    A few days in prison...thats a bit of an over reaction.
    If a mentally stable ~30 year old man ran on the pitch during a game and put a hand on a player he deserves a few days in jail imo. It's not as if he's going to be looking for some high end job and a trip to the States. If he's a kid it's a different matter though as I said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

There is no way anybody who ran onto the pitch and touches a player should be facing prison.

I have seen premediatated tackles on a football pitch which should involve prison time as they cause very serious injury.

Cant believe sky are still trying to sensationalise it as a brutal attacked, what happens after the break when they have to show the real incident or will the do a simpsons style cut scenes where a small fat white man in a dida mask gets drop kicked by a ninja and try to pass it off as real footage?

They keep showing him going off on a stretcher and saying "this is how didas nioght ended after an attack byu a fan" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

the fan will most likely get banned for life from parkhead and maybe a day in court.but dida is a clown it was embarrassing watching d replays of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Scottish bloke on radio was saying if the result is reversed (don't see it myself) the guy and his family will have to leave the city and probably the country.

Probably see Celtic playing rest of their home games behind closed doors
    and a massive fine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

eirebhoy wrote:
    If a mentally stable ~30 year old man ran on the pitch during a game and put a hand on a player he deserves a few days in jail imo.

Maybe it would put a stop to it but at the end of the day although UEFA will see this as a major 'incident' the Police/law will see it as a public order offense,at worst a very minor assault.You don't get time for ether.I cant see the lad been back in Parkhead for a long long time if ever.

Stekelly wrote:
    Cant believe sky are still trying to sensationalise it as a brutal attacked, what happens after the break when they have to show the real incident or will the do a simpsons style cut scenes where a small fat white man in a dida mask gets drop kicked by a ninja and try to pass it off as real footage?

They keep showing him going off on a stretcher and saying "this is how didas nioght ended after an attack byu a fan" :rolleyes:

This makes me almost glad I don't have sky anymore. Arsehowalz.

There is no way anybody who ran onto the pitch and touches a player should be facing prison.
    There's no way someone running on the pitch should mean the opposition get a 3-0 win but that's life. :) If Celtic are severely punished this lad will have a lot more to worry about as someone said above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement