Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You Call Yourself A Man, Dida?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

eirebhoy wrote:
    Depends what age he is imo. If he's old enough to have a bit of common sense he should be given a few days in prison tbh.

Few days in prison?! are you kidding?! I'm sure if Celtic are punished for it everyone that knows him will make sure that he's punished enough, can't go putting people into prison for patting players, thanking them for their part in the goal! What about those fans that invaded the pitch with 10minutes to go when Roma won Serie A, Totti was walking around in his jocks! Heck, Roma weren't punished for that at all were they, maybe if Totti had been patted in the arse or stripped a bit more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

eirebhoy wrote:
    There's no way someone running on the pitch should mean the opposition get a 3-0 win but that's life. :) If Celtic are severely punished this lad will have a lot more to worry about as someone said above.

Awarding Milan the game will be a massive overreaction. The same as calling for someone to be jailed for running onto a pitch and touching a player

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Awarding Milan the game will be a massive overreaction. The same as calling for someone to be jailed for running onto a pitch and touching a player

LOL....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Gonna be interesting to hear Dida being interviewed on this.
    No doubt he'll say his initial reaction was to chase, but then he was 'unsure' if the fan had a needle or a very sharp knife etc...
    He'll get away no problem, but will just suffer at the hands of the British tabloids. He's already known for his playacting anyway.
    Celtic, on the other hand, will (rightly) face the wrath of UEFA. Closed doors methinks and a heafty fine. Hopefully they'll keep the points.
    Earlier on in the game I noticed 2 stewards forcefully restraining a fan that was out of his seat and shouting and gesturing very near the touchline at a Milan player taking a throw. They're gonna have to seriously review things at Parkhead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Few days in prison?! are you kidding?! I'm sure if Celtic are punished for it everyone that knows him will make sure that he's punished enough, can't go putting people into prison for patting players, thanking them for their part in the goal! What about those fans that invaded the pitch with 10minutes to go when Roma won Serie A, Totti was walking around in his jocks! Heck, Roma weren't punished for that at all were they, maybe if Totti had been patted in the arse or stripped a bit more!
    I think it's probably more the fact that I see a few days in prison as no big deal. All I think about is the criminal record and that's not going to matter if this guy is at his peak of maturity.

Anyway, I'm 90% sure this guy is a kid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Jaysus was that a Glasgow kiss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Dida should have deal with it the irish way... http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxChycLh3k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

whiskeyman wrote:
    Earlier on in the game I noticed 2 stewards forcefully restraining a fan that was out of his seat and shouting and gesturing very near the touchline at a Milan player taking a throw. They're gonna have to seriously review things at Parkhead...

Also after their second goal the fans were pushing forward and collapsed the advertising boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Hope that Dida gets a ban, he knows they will not get back in to it and that a 3-0 win is far far better than losing.

Just as a guy could get a punishment for feigning a challenge in the box etc.. Dida has cheated in the hope that pretending to be hurt will ultimately benefit his team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Dida should have deal with it the irish way... http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxChycLh3k

Ha ha. That's class. See the second turd back away at speed when Stack gives the first guy a wallop.

I think Dida will be embarrassed to face his own teammates tbh.

Ancelotti:

"I don't know what happened in the incident with Dida.

"I want to see what Dida has to say. Watching it on TV it didn't look very serious.

"For sure a supporter shouldn't be going onto the pitch but being awarded the three points as punishment I don't even want to consider it.

"As for the game, we played well on a very difficult pitch. It was very slippery due to the heavy rain and we couldn't have done anymore than what we did.

"We didn't concede any chances, we are just paying at the moment for the mistakes we are making.

"However I must say that Scottish football is growing fast - just look at Rangers' victory in Lyon last night."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

I'm not particularly concerned whether Celtic win or lose but Dida's antics tonight really p1ssed me off.
    So I sent a complaint email to UEFA <info@uefa.com>:
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    This evening I watched the Champions League match between Celtic and AC Milan on TV.
    After Celtic regained the lead 2-1 a home fan ran on the pitch and taunted the AC Milan goal keeper Dida.
    The fan’s behaviour was unacceptable. He should be banned and Celtic will probably be punished for failing to control the crowd.

However, I was disgusted at Dida’s reaction. Yes, he was touched by the fan although from the TV footage I don’t believe there was any force in the contact. Dida started to chase after the fan and then clearly decided that it would be in his team’s interest if he fell down and claimed he had been injured. He remained on the ground until he was brought off by stretcher.
    This was simulation.
    This was cheating.
    This was as bad as the infamous Rivaldo incident in the 2002 World Cup finals in Japan (Brazil Vs Turkey if I recall correctly).
    I am sure that Dida (like all goalkeepers) has experienced much heavier physical contact – without complaint – when claiming balls from corner kicks.

Do we want to see kids emulating this behaviour?
    Regularly in TV coverage of UEFA sponsored competitions as well as the major European leagues I see very highly paid professional players simulate, cheat and feign injury to win undeserved free kicks and get opponents sent off. Harassment of match officials is on the increase also. These actions defraud the fans and are devaluing the game.

I am not a Celtic fan. I accept that they may be punished for tonight’s incident.
    But I would like to see UEFA act on Dida’s behaviour – a fine or a ban for bringing the game into disrepute is appropriate I think.

Yours sincerely,
    Fat lot of good it will probably do. Maybe I have my head up my posterior. But then again, if enough people complained to UEFA about this sort of nonsense maybe something might happen...eventually.

Tomorrow I will send a strongly worded email to Mary Harney and the Irish Health Service will be sorted. Just like that (snaps fingers). ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I think Dida knows Uefa too well and has played up the incident to get the game awarded to Milan. Remember when he was struck by a flair when they played Inter? According to BBC -
    Inter were subsequently thrown out of the competition and made to play their next four European games behind closed doors. Uefa also fined the club £132,000.

I'd say he's just looking for a similar result and he may get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Wtf was Dida at? What a clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Xavi6 wrote:
    I think Dida knows Uefa too well and has played up the incident to get the game awarded to Milan. Remember when he was struck by a flair when they played Inter? According to BBC -

I'd say he's just looking for a similar result and he may get it.

Not a hope.
    I'd be amazed if anything other than a heavy fine was given to Celtic. They and their fans have an excellent record in the eyes of Uefa so, this is a first breach as such for them.

I'll guess a fine of around €50,000 and a threat of 'behind closed doors' home games if anything like it happens again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Celtic will be fined no doubt. Hopefully nothing else will happen to them. As for Dida! He should be hit with the biggest fine, suspended, you name it! Talk about trying to cheat... I could use so many words to describe his actions last night but I would be hit with a ban!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Fan was an idiot but Dida is supposed to be a professional!
    If he is not punished also I would be extremely disappointed!

(Anyone else think it was actually a ball boy who ran on?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

For the fan: what an idiot, you may cost Celtic heavily here

For Dida: what a disgrace. Pictures show he was struck across the higher chest area, then he's holding the side of his head. Inexcusable really. Both people should be heavily punished.

Quote of the Day: "He should be fined for trying to impersonate a goalkeeper"-Giles, RTE 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Seeing as a heavy punishment for Celtic is likely, and after Dida's reaction, its an awful shame that the fan didnt actually throw a few jabs into him and pi55 on his face! Watching it last night made me fkn cringe with embarrassment. I'd say Dida's family and close friends are very proud of him! It has amazed me for years how he has gotten away with playing at that level for so long because i think he is utter 5hite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

yabadabado wrote:
    the fan will most likely get banned for life from parkhead and maybe a day in court.
    Well if this can happen to Boruc I'd say a day in court should be a definite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mushy wrote:
    Quote of the Day: "He should be fined for trying to impersonate a goalkeeper"-Giles, RTE 2.
    Haha! Remember that, pure gold!! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Nunu wrote:
    Not a hope.
    I'd be amazed if anything other than a heavy fine was given to Celtic. They and their fans have an excellent record in the eyes of Uefa so, this is a first breach as such for them.

I'll guess a fine of around €50,000 and a threat of 'behind closed doors' home games if anything like it happens again.

Fingers crossed. Such a downer after beating the champions that all this sh1te has to happen. Can't celebrate one of the best wins of recent times until I hear the outcome of all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Mushy wrote:
    For Dida: what a disgrace. Pictures show he was struck across the higher chest area, then he's holding the side of his head. Inexcusable really.

In fairness, Dida was 'struck' nowhere, lightly touched at most.

ghost26ie wrote:
    what Dida did was a joke, worse than van nistelroy(excuse the spelling) and viera/pizzagate incident..
    What?

Vieira kicked out at RVN and RVN looked at the ref as if to say "Did u see that".....maybe my memory is hazy but I certainly dont remember Ruud chasing Vieira and then deciding to go down clutching his face.

Stupid comparison to make.

The fan is a muppet and hopefully never gets into Celtic Park again. The stewards are morons when u consider he made it onto the pitch for about 10 seconds unchalleged. And Dida is king muppet for that. I hope he gets abuse from his teammates as much as anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

The fan is a muppet and hopefully never gets into Celtic Park again. The stewards are morons when u consider he made it onto the pitch for about 10 seconds unchalleged.

He then managed to blend seemlessly into the crowd and hasn't been found yet!

R u serious? What a joke!!

Pity Schevchenko wouldn't do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

... RVN looked at the ref as if to say "Did u see that".........maybe my memory is hazy

Not as I remember it, yes Viera kinda kicked out missing Ruud by about a yard, but Van Nistlerooy acted like keen been kicked square in the goolies by a mule. Totally milking a penalty & send off, which he got.

As for Dida... laughable & embarrassing. Stretchered off, icepack on his face. I wonder how long he had to carry on with that act? The dressing rooms, being seen by team doctor, in the shower, trip back home - still clutching his shattered jawbone all the while....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Can't believe Dida, I always thought he was always a dodgy character. The worst thing is celtic will be punished for this and Dida will walk away with a big smile on his face as they're forced to play in an empty stadium.

i really don't think Uefa will make them play behind closed doors tbh, a fine perhaps but i'd imagine that would be the extent of it. Milan said they were taking the matter no further (fair play to them), so basically a fan got onto the pitch is all that happened, no assault took place despite wat Sky might want you to believe. Same as a streaker, or in 2005 semi final when a couple of lads jumped onto the net at the anfield road end against Chelsea.

Also, fair play to Clarence Seedorf for wat he was saying after the game in his interview.

• Advertisement

bw wrote:
    Not as I remember it, yes Viera kinda kicked out missing Ruud by about a yard, but Van Nistlerooy acted like keen been kicked square in the goolies by a mule. Totally milking a penalty & send off, which he got.
    Well your memory sucks. Vieira kicked out and RVN jumped backwards to avoid it and then looked at the ref and gestured in a way to ask him if he saw it. The ref did see it, sent him off for the intentof his action. Keane then leads Vieira away and is seen motuhing the words "just appeal" to Vieira. And this was not the incident that led to the penalty so your memory is REALLY poor.
    bw wrote:
    As for Dida... laughable & embarrassing. Stretchered off, icepack on his face. I wonder how long he had to carry on with that act? The dressing rooms, being seen by team doctor, in the shower, trip back home - still clutching his shattered jawbone all the while....
    Probably nursng his pride.

Also, fair play to Clarence Seedorf for wat he was saying after the game in his interview.
    Wat he say???

Basically that it was only one fan and that stuff like that happens everywhere, that it was no big deal...Celtic fans are among the best in the world and last night wouldn't change his opinion of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

What's the difference between Dida and Marcel Marceau? Feck all.
    Comparisons with Rivaldo are rife (did he not get some ban for that)?
    I can't believe some people are standing up for Dida. That and Sky are reasons why I and many others are rapidly falling out of love with the not so 'beautiful game'. If UEFA don't make a stand against Dida here, well it will be very sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

patmac wrote:
    I can't believe some people are standing up for Dida. That and Sky are reasons why I and many others are rapidly falling out of love with the not so 'beautiful game'. If UEFA don't make a stand against Dida here, well it will be very sad.

Very true, if UEFA don't punish him they'll be sending out the message that it is acceptable and that will just make things worse and worse. Celtic, at worst, should have to play a game or two behind closed doors but even that would be harsh.

It certainly tainted a remarkable Celtic performance, which is a shame. I hope the stupid fan is feeling pretty low about himself, but I hope Dida is feeling worse. Somehow I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Dida should get a lifetime ban from the game
    seems the only way milan are ever going to get rid of him
    he is a useless waster who costs far to many games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Dida should get a lifetime ban from the game
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH. I'm not laughing with you.

A keeper actually was given a lifetime ban from the game for feigning injury when a firework exploded close to him. He did have a razor blade hidden in his glove and decided to cut himself with it though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

DSB wrote:
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH. I'm not laughing with you.
    Did you not read the rest of his post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I did. But I still gathered that he was slightly serious. Maybe I'm wrong it was just how it appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

anyone here speak Italian - love to know what the Italian media make of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Fan: Muppet, idiot, goes without saying. You can't legislate for people like that. Due to the fact that Celtics fans have a good record, I'd hope just to see a fine for a first offence.

Dida: I have never been so angry at a game in all my life. Absolute blatant cheat. A fine and a lengthy ban for bringing the game into disrepute. Absolutely disgusting!! From watchin' the rugby world cup, to watchin this cheatin' pansy. Oh my blood boils. He better be punished, or I'm finished with football!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

yom 1 wrote:
    anyone here speak Italian - love to know what the Italian media make of this

From Channel 4 web site, todays headlines

Thursday 4 October
    Gazzetta dello Sport
    Didaster! The Milan 'keeper is the villain against Celtic

Corriere dello Sport
    Dida taught a lesson - The Goalkeeper is lightly struck by a fan after the 2-1 loss at Celtic and gets himself substituted

Tuttosport
    Milan, crisis and farce - Beaten in Glasgow and Dida makes a fool of himself with howlers and fake injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

JimiTime wrote:
    Oh my blood boils. He better be punished, or I'm finished with football!

Why just him. What about the cheating week in week out. Seriously, it's wrestling but with a ball. Footballs been a farce since Klinnsman invented the dive ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

cheers nipplenuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

nipplenuts wrote:
    Why just him. What about the cheating week in week out. Seriously, it's wrestling but with a ball. Footballs been a farce since Klinnsman invented the dive ;)
    Agree with this (apart from the Klinnsman bit, I thought it was Mickey Thomas(ask your dad)) and glad to see that I'm not alone, I seriously think that this type of shíte is beginning to kill the game, and it seems to be becoming acceptable. I am a Man Utd fan and I don't agree with the Saha, Ronaldo and Van Nistilrooy antics, along with Drogba and all the other cheats while authorities turn a blind eye.
    The reason Dida did what he did was because UEFA clamped down heavily on Denmark when their fan attacked the referee, and in his tiny mind he thinks that they might do the same against Celtic, maybe if they clamp down heavily on Dida other low-level IQ footballers might get the message but somehow I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Whats really harsh here and I'm surprised nobody has picked up on it. Celtic are extremely lucky milan still had a sub left. Had Milan used all 3 during the game and it ended with Dida making a show of himself the game would have been adandoned and Celtic mis out on a great win.

See pic of dida in hospital apparently making a great recovery.

Also common theory is that the fan farted as he ran away and dida ran into it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

nipplenuts wrote:

I do agree. Its a cancer on the game. However, for this to happen, football needs a complete overhall. It needs TV refs. It needs better refs. Unfortunately, sometimes if a player is honest and doesn't dive, the ref doesn't give it, so when there is contact, the player will make sure the ref knows whats happened. I do think that this is different from blatant diving (cheating). A video ref like in rugby, would really help stamp this sh*te out IMO. Penalty decisions, off the ball incidents or goal-line scenarios. 'Hello TV ref, was that a penalty?', 'No, it was a dive'. 'Fine, mr Diver, red card'. Next day, 'Mr diver has been given a 5 game ban'. You'd soon see the nonsense deplete. The question is, what are they afraid of???

Great Picture!

JimiTime wrote:
    The question is, what are they afraid of???
    Long delays to the game a la NFL where the coaches start appealing for every little thng to be reviewed by the TMO (Television Match Official for all you non rugby folk!!) which would slow the game down big time.

Sure you're only allowed check it in rugby to check the grounding of the ball for a try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement