Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite championship belt?

• 03-10-2007 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

dont know if theres already been a thread about this but anyway,
    whats your favourite championship belt design?
    (anyone that says the Cena spinner belt, prepare to be flamed)

mine would be either the Undisputed championship which became the WWE championship or the WCW tag team belts which were pretty cool too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

dont know if theres already been a thread about this but anyway,
    whats your favourite championship belt design?

It's been done a few times over the years, but f*cked if i'm trawling through back posts!

WWE Championship belt from 88-98. More have held that actual belt in the promotion than any other. Personally no other has done it for me. They kept chopping and changing belts every couple of years. That one, to me has more prestige.

Even nicer when DiBiase got to wear it too, even if it was for a total of 20 seconds :(

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

cena spinner belt for sure is lovely, second would be the spinner US title that jbl destroyed on smackdown, that was gorgeous. I have versions of both and wear them everywhere....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I loved the WWE championship from the Attitude era. It disappeared when the Undisputed championship belt came along.

rossie1977 wrote:
    cena spinner belt for sure is lovely, second would be the spinner US title that jbl destroyed on smackdown, that was gorgeous. I have versions of both and wear them everywhere....

Can we have a moderator remove this jackass from the forum in the direction of personal issues please? Thank you for calling! :)

VR!

I loved the WWE championship from the Attitude era. It disappeared when the Undisputed championship belt came along.

Never understood why that belt got so much love, especially for one that was around for such a short term. It was pretty much a revamp from it's predecessor. Although i know the attitude era is pretty much a soft spot for a lot of fans who grew watching it. My time was 10 years earlier, and at first i thought it was because i grew up watching that belt. But then i thought more about my pick. And think about the names of who wore that belt. Hogan, Savage, Warrior, Slaughter, Flair, Bret, Shawn, Backlund, Nash, Michaels, Undertaker and even Austin, for one night.

The updated version really doesn't compete for prestige to me.
    VR!

• Advertisement

Never understood why that belt got so much love, especially for one that was around for such a short term. It was pretty much a revamp from it's predecessor. Although i know the attitude era is pretty much a soft spot for a lot of fans who grew watching it. My time was 10 years earlier, and at first i thought it was because i grew up watching that belt. But then i thought more about my pick. And think about the names of who wore that belt. Hogan, Savage, Warrior, Slaughter, Flair, Bret, Shawn, Backlund, Nash, Michaels, Undertaker and even Austin, for one night.

The updated version really doesn't compete for prestige to me.
    VR!

Yeah I think when you're younger you idealise the belts more and imagine yourself maybe having it one day. :cool:

I do however like the fact that the Attitude belt had greater use of the colour blue in the design compared to the original Winged Eagle belt...

wrld-hhh05-1.jpg

wrld-hhh05-1.jpg
    That ate you up inside to post that pic up, didn't it? ;)

I still plan to get a Reg Park replica of the 88-98 belt for my mantle. :)

A great moment there! Mainly for putting Jericho and the worst managed title reign in history out of his misery! I'm all on for Jericho for a big run, but all bar one title defense he had (vs The Rock at Rumble 02) ended with a runin of some sort. It was frustrating and hard to watch.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Most recent thread on title belts. My pick of Million Dollar belt stands. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Goebels

FedorBelt.jpg
    Not a great pic, but you get the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Smoking skulls belt hands down. Also liked the hardcore belt for some reason

• Advertisement

I'm too chilled back and mellowed out tonight. Anything goes as far as i'm concerned

I'm still celebrating that the belt will go to ANYONE but Cena. Yes folks, and Minto has witnessed this. I had a bottle of bubbly left over from my engagement party a few months back. I cracked it open and drank it when i heard the news

VR!

oh man i am pissing myself laughing here VR, what happened to being too chilled/mellowed out. You took the bait :p

rossie1977 wrote:
    oh man i am pissing myself laughing here VR, what happened to being too chilled/mellowed out. You took the bait :p

Yep he took it hook, line and sinker. We're not so different after all!

rossie1977 wrote:

What... the... f*ck are the two of you guys sh*teing on about?
    If it was the spinner belt thing, it was a f*cking joke! It was obvious! Hence why i put a smiling face beside it. Do i need to throw a winky face to let you know i got the joke (hi flananator!)?

Give me SOME credit please, folks :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Its true, I say him drink the bubbly! Looked expensive too!

Minto wrote:
    Its true, I say him drink the bubbly! Looked expensive too!

I wouldn't know, i didn't pay for it! :D
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

WE HAVE A WINNER!!

2007_0730McDonalds0016_A.JPG

WE HAVE A WINNER!!

2007_0730McDonalds0016_A.JPG

Last seen worn by Ahmed Johnson around 2000-2001!
    VR!

tony norris was arrested for pimping hookers about 2-3 years ago, wow how the mighty fall, i thought his look in WWF was going to bring him places, i bet vince did too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rossie1977 wrote:
    tony norris was arrested for pimping hookers about 2-3 years ago, wow how the mighty fall

I thought that was just after he left the WWF, about 8 or 9 years ago

• Advertisement

correct foz it was 1999 so 8 years ago, me bad :p time flies

rossie1977 wrote:
    tony norris was arrested for pimping hookers about 2-3 years ago, wow how the mighty fall, i thought his look in WWF was going to bring him places, i bet vince did too

His ego got too big too fast. He was demanding limos at one stage, refusing to leave his hotel room until he got one. Given that and his injury prone-ness. Vince had enough and released his ass in 1998. Hard to believe that was almost ten years ago now.

He showed up in WCW about a year later with the KFC belly hooking up with Stevie Ray as Harlem Heat 2000.

VR!

Advertisement