Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental Costs

Options
  • 03-10-2007 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into renting an apartment in the south county dublin kind of area, preferably along the dart line. I have been searching on daft.ie etc. Would it be safe to assume that for a 1 bed studio I would be looking at somewhere in the range of 800-1100 and for a 2 bed, somewhere between 1000-1500(I might be sharing)?
    Also read the charter yoke, checklist was very handy.
    I have another seperate question too. I am planning to go away travelling sometime after christmas for about 6 or 7 months, so would many landlords have much of a problem with me subletting while I'm away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

The best way to check the going rate for rent in the area is to look at Daft.

As for your question about subletting, as I understand it under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004, a refusal to allow you to sublet the apartment on the landlords part means you can give notice of termination of the lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Thanks for that. If anyone has any other advice to add, it would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

As a landlady, I would have no problem in you subletting the property, but I'd want to meet the tenants 1st & agree on their suitability.

After that, it is still YOU who is responsible for me getting the rent, not YOUR tenants. YOU are also responsible & liable for any damage that YOUR tenants do you my property

Advertisement