Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Review

• 03-10-2007 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I have been asked to do a restaurant review. Don't know why but suppose its a free meal so not going to kick a gift horse in the mouth.

So does anyone know if I can download a template for this wanna make live as easy as possible for myself. ie pre made template with box,grades, and comments sections.

Anyone seen this on the net before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

tvr

Here is a simple formula to follow.

The n was x but lacked y.
    Where n = a menu item, x = a non-committal yet positive adjective, and y = a hyperbolic adjective not generally used to describe food.
    i.e., “The pork loin was flavorful but lacked gravitas”

or, for a more advanced review.

What the a lacked in x, the b made up for in y.
    Where a = a menu item, x = a characteristic often used in conjunction with fast cars, b = a menu item, and y = an adjective generally used by Victorian novelists to describe a young woman.
    i.e., “What the the vichyssoise lacked in punch, the crème brûlée made up for in delicacy.”

good luck

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It isn't often that I LOL at something in Food & Drink, but I ROFLMFAO'd at that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Brilliant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Me likey :)

But just have a read through some of the papers and you'll usually find some inspiration.

I like Ross Golden-Bannon reviews in the Sunday Business Post (Agenda Section). Always good for a chuckle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

just be honest.......either the food was nice ..or it wasint... if not then say what was wrong . Was the setting nice, was the place kitted out well, what tye of clients ate there, was it busy, would you go again.
    the service was good, or bad? say which, and give reasons why.
    was it reasonably priced? clean = very important.. especially the toilets.
    was there a good wine list? and finally when its all said and done would you reccomend it to a friend or not. Just a few ideas

• Advertisement
Advertisement