Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rip off home prices in crime ridden areas

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Laslo wrote: »
    This Finglas you speak of. It sounds like such a utopia. I must buy a property there.

Do, it's nice here.

Just don't annoy the Shinners :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

dublindude wrote: »
    Come on, you're arguing with yourself now. Earlier you said it was Tipp, now it's Finglas again.

Thought the case was closed by your good self? :D

If you had read the post, Tipp turns out to be the worst for murders at a total of 4.

Where did i say Finglas was the worst?
    EDIT: missed that typo, the word missing was SECOND out of that sentence you quoted, with your reply you must of been terribly confused with the stats there for a min :D
    So if you (after changing your mind again) agree that Finglas is in the #1 or #2 spot for the number of murders in Ireland, would you agree, yes, Finglas is a dodgy area?

Were did i change my mind 'again' nevermind allegedly once?

For the umpteenth time, to explain again, Finglas is joint 2nd with 6 other areas, its not holding onto 2nd by itself.

Yes there are dodgy areas in Finglas just like there is in Blackrock, just like in every city/town/friggin hamlet in the country, whats the point?
    You seem to be arguing for the sake of it.

Huh?..You've been proven wrong quite a few times with my facts against your fiction and keep misleading the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Listen: if you leave out words like "second", so I think you are saying "worst" rather than "second worst", you can't blame me for that.

All along I have said Finglas is second worst (I accept it is joint second worst) which, no matter how hard you try to spin it, does not mean it can be fairly compared to places like Blackrock.

When you say "what's the point" - this topic is about "rip off homes in crime ridden areas", and many of the pages contain rubbish like Finglas is safer than Blackrock, etc.

For the record, I don't give a **** if you want to live in Finglas, nor do I give a **** about Finglas. I do however try to live in reality so I can't bring myself to accept Finglas is not famous for crime, nor home to many criminals, nor a place where murders are not totally uncommon.

Listen: if you leave out words like "second", so I think you are saying "worst" rather than "second worst", you can't blame me for that.

All along I have said Finglas is second worst (I accept it is joint second worst) which, no matter how hard you try to spin it, does not mean it can be fairly compared to places like Blackrock.

When you say "what's the point" - this topic is about "rip off homes in crime ridden areas", and many of the pages contain rubbish like Finglas is safer than Blackrock, etc.

You had corrected me on the word second incidentally twice :D in post 244 :D

Question now is can you prove Blackrock is safer with backup from facts or is it just hearsay like your argument on Finglas?
    For the record, I don't give a **** if you want to live in Finglas, nor do I give a **** about Finglas. I do however try to live in reality so I can't bring myself to accept Finglas is not famous for crime, nor home to many criminals, nor a place where murders are not totally uncommon.

Huh?...Where did i say i want to live in Finglas?..I simply pointed out misleading posts quoting from SBP.

On the subject of Finglas.
    To help you, we know that there has been 3 murders(all gangland) in Finglas in '07, can you back up your case with facts that it is 'not famous for crime', 'home to many criminals' and 'where murders are not totally uncommon' (does 3 count as common?)

gurramok wrote: »
    can you prove Blackrock is safer with backup from facts... etc.

Only an idiot could have a hard time believing Blackrock is safer than Finglas.

Please don't go down the route of everything I type must be backed up by stats and facts. That's just completely retarded.

However as I know you won't accept this, I will point out that houses in Blackrock generally cost a few million, whereas in Finglas they don't cost anywhere remotely near this. That would suggest Blackrock is not a "crime ridden area".
    Huh?...Where did i say i want to live in Finglas?..I simply pointed out misleading posts quoting from SBP.

Sorry, I meant "you" as in "anyone".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

You had corrected me on the word second incidentally twice :D in post 244 :D

Question now is can you prove Blackrock is safer with backup from facts or is it just hearsay like your argument on Finglas?

On the subject of Finglas.
    To help you, we know that there has been 3 murders(all gangland) in Finglas in '07, can you back up your case with facts that it is 'not famous for crime', 'home to many criminals' and 'where murders are not totally uncommon' (does 3 count as common?)

Do you really need to hackle this poster? We all know, and I'm sure you do too, that Finglas is a fairly rough spot in comparison to most. You're simply being irritating and idiotic. Finglas is famous for crime. Whether it's just the 'media' painting a bad picture of it, who knows. Google says otherwise.

13,600 results compared to 831 results or, say, 1,780 results.

If you want any detailed statistics, I suggest you take your head out from where the sun don't shine, stop wasting your time on here calling black white and look for them yourself.

Only an idiot could have a hard time believing Blackrock is safer than Finglas.

Please don't go down the route of everything I type must be backed up by stats and facts. That's just completely retarded.

So its hearsay then, fair enough.
    However as I know you won't accept this, I will point out that houses in Blackrock generally cost a few million, whereas in Finglas they don't cost anywhere remotely near this. That would suggest Blackrock is not a "crime ridden area".

Yes Blackrock houses are expensive, it is after all next to the coast with nice beaches, dart on doorstep etc...nothing to indicate that a crime rate is a huge factor in price.
    Laslo wrote:
    Do you really need to hackle this poster? We all know, and I'm sure you do too, that Finglas is a fairly rough spot in comparison to most. You're simply being irritating and idiotic. Finglas is famous for crime. Whether it's just the 'media' painting a bad picture of it, who knows. Google says otherwise.

13,600 results compared to 831 results or, say, 1,780 results.

If you want any detailed statistics, I suggest you take your head out from where the sun don't shine, stop wasting your time on here calling black white and look for them yourself.

I'm not heckling said poster, i've corrected a few hearsays with facts on a particular area.
    Yes, parts of Finglas are dodgy and so are Blackrock.

Finglas has had prominent gangland murders and they are the ones that make headlines hence the huge number of google results, thats obvious.

Why should i look for results myself?...I've done the work on the murder rate for the whole country for '07 to disprove the myth that Finglas has the worst murder rate in the country(..oops second worst..LOL)

Now, the one that supports Blackrock as safe should back it up with facts, not gossip.

So its hearsay then, fair enough.

It's hearsay Blackrock has less crime than Finglas? Find me one person in Dublin who reckons Finglas is a safer area then Blackrock.
    Yes Blackrock houses are expensive, it is after all next to the coast with nice beaches, dart on doorstep etc...

You forgot to include the fact that Blackrock is a safe, low crime area.

Blackrock does not have a single dodgy area. I grew up there and know the place well.
    Finglas has had prominent gangland murders and they are the ones that make headlines hence the huge number of google results, thats obvious.

All you've proven so far is Finglas is not #1 for murders in Ireland. It is in joint second!

I'm actually kind of depressed that you think there is no link between murders happening in Finglas and perhaps Finglas being a dodgy area.

I'm not heckling said poster, i've corrected a few hearsays with facts on a particular area.

Finglas isn't safer than Blackrock. I can tell you that from personal, extensive experience. Having lived in one and gone to school in another for many years. Stop being pedantic.

I don't know anywhere in Blackrock that even comes anywhere close to being as dodgy as a lot of parts of Finglas West. Stop talking crap.

Right, whereas all the slayings in Blackrock and Malahide don't get much air-time, is that what you're saying? It's just one big conspiracy against Finglas, isn't it? :rolleyes:
    Why should i look for results myself?...I've done the work on the murder rate for the whole country for '07 to disprove the myth that Finglas has the worst murder rate in the country(..oops second worst..LOL)

I have no idea which area has the highest murder rate (you'll see I wasn't involved in this debate back then) but I'm not overly surprised that it's not Finglas. I'd have guessed Cabra maybe? Maybe somewhere in Limerick. Who knows? Who cares? The fact is that Finglas is a rough place and a lot of crime occurs there. The fact that you're comparing the crime rate in Finglas to Blackrock is, as the other poster put it, retarded.
    Now, the one that supports Blackrock as safe should back it up with facts, not gossip.

Well I can back it up with extensive life experience, a vast array of anicdotes and, well, a non-retarded way of deciphering current affairs (you know the s**t that happens on the media and everywhere we look?)

My point - stop being an idiot. Finglas is a rough, largely working class area. Blackrock is considerably more affluent less dangerous. Shut it like! :o

It's hearsay Blackrock has less crime than Finglas? Find me one person in Dublin who reckons Finglas is a safer area then Blackrock.

Maybe it is, maybe it is not, many will agree and disagree based on perceptions.
    Garda stats to back that up or just hearsay?
    Blackrock does not have a single dodgy area. I grew up there and know the place well.

U sure about the former?

Bloke in work is from Blackrock, he says there are good and bad parts.
    On a personal level, I do know of a family that has moved from lovely Pearse St flats to a 4 bed house in Blackrock recently, decent upstanding citizens you would agree. :)
    All you've proven so far is Finglas is not #1 for murders in Ireland. It is in joint second!

Along with Clontarf and Clonmel to name 2 and we know Clontarf has houses asking for over a million euro similar to Blackrock so that disproves the link between crime rates(murder) and house prices.
    I'm actually kind of depressed that you think there is no link between murders happening in Finglas and perhaps Finglas being a dodgy area.

Cheer up :D

So if there is a link, then there must be a link also to Clontarf, Clondalkin, Clonmel, Limerick, Cork and Meath as they recorded the exact same amount of murders this year.
    If you had wondered, i'd live in any of those areas, would you live in any of them?

I agree that there are dodgy parts in Finglas just like there is in Blackrock, i don't agree its all dodgy in both areas if you had misunderstood what i had posted.

• Advertisement

Troll TBH

Finglas isn't safer than Blackrock. I can tell you that from personal, extensive experience. Having lived in one and gone to school in another for many years. Stop being pedantic.

What happened, please elaborate.
    Right, whereas all the slayings in Blackrock and Malahide don't get much air-time, is that what you're saying? It's just one big conspiracy against Finglas, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Err, biggest drug dealer was killed in Finglas last year(he was actually from Cabra but stayed in a relatives safe house) plus the innocent plumber murder at the same time hence huge media attention as it was unprecedented which leads to huge google results, getit?

Conspiracy?..dunno, i'm not defending Finglas, merely pointing out and trying to source some facts from the posters perceptions.
    I have no idea which area has the highest murder rate (you'll see I wasn't involved in this debate back then) but I'm not overly surprised that it's not Finglas. I'd have guessed Cabra maybe? Maybe somewhere in Limerick. Who knows? Who cares? The fact is that Finglas is a rough place and a lot of crime occurs there. The fact that you're comparing the crime rate in Finglas to Blackrock is, as the other poster put it, retarded.

Err, the other poster brought up Blackrock as 'safe', i just called on the poster to prove it. (maybe with Garda stats, newpaper reports of muggings, burglaries, rapes?...i'm helping you here!)
    Well I can back it up with extensive life experience, a vast array of anicdotes and, well, a non-retarded way of deciphering current affairs (you know the s**t that happens on the media and everywhere we look?)

Please elaborate.
    My point - stop being an idiot. Finglas is a rough, largely working class area. Blackrock is considerably more affluent less dangerous. Shut it like! :o
    (Look less of the personal abuse, i'm just about to hit that report button if you don't stop loike.)

So working class area = rough?

So working class area = rough?

Generally, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I'm from Dublin and I believe Finglas is safer than Blackrock.
    I disagree - prove it please.
    I disagree, I was mugged there.

Generally, yes.
    Nice, a snob too. :rolleyes:

Zulu wrote: »
    Nice, a snob too. :rolleyes:
    I'm from Dublin and I believe Finglas is safer than Blackrock.

Oh grow up... :rolleyes:

Oh grow up... :rolleyes:
    Being dismissive doesn't strengthen your already lame argument.

The simple fact of the matter is you are unable to prove your argument in any coherent fashion. You expect us to accept your points backed by nothing more than prejudice.

So either back up your stereotypical slurs with facts and prove you've formed an intelligent opinion, or admit you are basing your comments on ill-conceived here say that the cool kids advised you were true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

STFU, both of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Can we just agree Dublin is crap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Jumpy wrote: »
    Can we just agree Dublin is crap?

Yes we can. Now close this thread quick!

You expect us to accept your points backed by nothing more than prejudice.

Have you actually read any of my posts? It has already been agreed upon that Finglas has the joint second highest murder rate in Ireland.

If you cannot comprehend the fact that sprawling council estates are breeding grounds for crime; that bank robbers, car thieves, and burglers generally don't come from places like Blackrock but do come from poverty (e.g. council estates), then there is nothing more I can say to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Have you actually read any of my posts? It has already been agreed upon that Finglas has the joint second highest murder rate in Ireland.

If you cannot comprehend the fact that sprawling council estates are breeding grounds for crime; that bank robbers, car thieves, and burglers generally don't come from places like Blackrock but do come from poverty (e.g. council estates), then there is nothing more I can say to you.

Terry gonna git ya. Git ya goooood boy.

If you cannot comprehend the fact that sprawling council estates are breeding grounds for crime

No more than I can comprehend that threads like this are breeding grounds for idiots. Dublindude, give it a rest. You're right but why the hell are you still arguing? If someone told you clouds were purple, would you sit around arguing about it all day or just walk away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Crimes happen everywhere.
    Be careful out there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement