Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Adwords

Options
  • 03-10-2007 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just wondering can anyone give me a basic overview how this works. Do you only get paid for ads displayed on your site if a person clicks on them or is it impressions of the ad.

I have site which is only starting out and generating approx 6000 unique vistors last month with hits totally 110,000. I have being adding content and lots of pages all week and noticed I am now coming up on the google search engine so thought the adworks might be a good idea.

Would anyone know a ball park figure of what could be earned from adwords etc if I put on all of my pages. Do you get a set fee a month or would it depend on clicks because I rather not have too pimp out my site for a couple of euro.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

Google AdWords is for people wishing to advertise. You get charged for every click.

Google AdSense is for people who wish to make some money by showing ads on their website. The ads are also targetted to your sites content.

I think you are looking for Google AdSense. It's very hard to say how much you would make. It all depends on where you position the ads, whether they are text or images, and how many people click on them! There's only one way to know if it'd be worthwhile for you...try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

here's a 40euro voucher.... take a free trail.... http://services.google.com/marketing/links/aw-freecoupon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

jameshayes wrote:
    here's a 40euro voucher.... take a free trail.... http://services.google.com/marketing/links/aw-freecoupon

Cheers ill have one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

peterk19 wrote:
    Cheers ill have one of those
    Me too! :D Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

lol.... i've used it on about 7 websites!

• Advertisement
Advertisement