Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OBE / Lucidity after excess drinking?

• 04-10-2007 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hey dont' exactly know what i'm tryna say here but here goes..

I had a few lucid dreams around first year of college and one really intense OBE and levitating experience. It happened again the other nite making it a total of 3 times i can remember..

It's basically where i know i'm in bed my eyes are close but i'm lifted off the bed and the feeling is like a drug.. but the more you think about it the more conscious and then float gradually back towards the bed..

I became really curious about all this and spent alot of time googling etc but found you had to keep a dream diary to achieve lucid dreams at will.. i did this but i dont dream alot and cant really remember much sometimes i wont dream for a week or more (that i can remember) so i gave up..

but ive noticed if i go on the piss for 2 or 3 days (really going for it as in waking up still drunk and then going straight at it for another long sesh) 1 or 2 days after the session (when the hangover is long gone i get that euphoric feeling again... I know this could be down to the DT's or whatever but i have experienced that also and it is different..

Dont really know what i'm saying but i just found this forum and said i'd give my 2 cents. Anybody else experince this levitating buzz?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

actually, i had my first succesful lucid dream the other night.thanks to some mary jane and alot of alcohol. but i think i know the feeling your talking about.i think this is just the dizzyness and stuff from alcohol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭great unwashed

Lucid Dreaming is what you mean, is it? As I understand from the lingo, lucid dreaming is where you are deeply asleep, dreaming, and you are very aware that you are dreaming so you can influence your dream. But you are still asleep. I used to have very enjoyable flying dreams fairly regulary in which I was also generally aware that I was dreaming without waking up. I NEVER kept a dream diary.

Strangely, I haven't had any that I remember since I gave up the grog a year ago :mad: .

You could be onto something, mate - forums like this are some of the best places for dream research.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Lucid drunks?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Lucid drunks?

haha ya thats it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭great unwashed

On a googled website on lucid dreaming we're told that visual imagery has positive effects on the body ("Think of a pink golf-ball, C.J.") so maybe that's what dreaming, especially of the lucid flavour, is for?

• Advertisement
Advertisement