Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

advice on selling car

Options
  • 04-10-2007 5:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=795342
    Can i get some advice on how best to sell my car. I have been trying to sell it for a while now in carzone with a pic. not having any calls despite dropping the price twice. Really need to sell fast going away for a year in two weeks time. Any advice on how to sell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

For a start - stick more photos up. Then write up a decent summary - what sort of service history the car has, how much NCT / Tax is left etc.

Seems theres one or two similar ones going for even less though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

More pics for sure. At least 6, inside & out, different angles. The more time people spend browsing your ad the more chance you'll get some interest.
    doesn't cost any more either. And you may have to drop your price up front rather than offer to negotiate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

more pictures at least, is the car taxed, ntcd etc,

and the price, you might need to go under 6k if you want to sell it fast,

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As others have pointed out, get some more pictures up there, the outside and inside of the car at different angles. Try and take them on a bright/sunny day and even try and park the car someplace with a nice background when taking the photos. Generally you want to give a potential buyer a feel good factor when looking at your advert.

Also you are going to have to work on the price, drop it by say €100 every two weeks or so until someone rings.

I would also try putting it up on www.adverts.ie. It is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Woogie Boogie

if you dont get any bites try and see will the dealer you bought it off sell it for you. some of them will do this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It's too dear, the mileage will put a lot of poeple off given the choice of Foci with lower mileage. People will see it as having 20k to 30k to much mileage and will want it for cheaper. I'd try selling it at €5650 or so with room for a couple of hundred off to give you €5500.

I agree with sticking up more/better pics and putting a better description in. Also while everyone here on boards.ie loves carzone.ie because they all use the internet, a lot of people still browse through magazines. Stick it in CBG at the right price and it'll sell (that's what I had to do).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's not way ott. price wise, but I reckon you'll have to cut it down by 10+% to get a private sale.

As others hav e said, more pics, and more positive info. Has timing belt been done? if so include it, and other recent renovations/renewals - tyres, brakes, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

there are a lot of cars cheaper then your with less milleage.
    if there is a difference between your and the ones above yours make sure you mention it in your ad.

Also more images does help especially the seats and inside the car to show how clean it is.

If it taxed, mention it in the ad title.
    There are few tips we put togheter: http://www.funkymotors.ie/blog/category/tips-and-advice/ that might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 warthog_76

stick up some posters locally in supermarkets etc

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

Have you tried the print media. Your local paper etc? CBG is not the greatest outlet, usually you'll get cold called from an agency in UK looking for money for a "buyer" they have lined up.
    Problem now is that every corner has someone selling their motor, there's a hell of a lot of choice in used.
    Have to agree though, price will have to drop by 10 %. It may hurt now, but time as you've stated is against you.
    Trade option should only be used as last resort as they'll value it at a book price in around 4 - 4.5k.

• Advertisement
Advertisement