Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats it called?

• 04-10-2007 8:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Loads of girls are going around with this stupid hair cut.

Baically they have these spikey bits on the back of there head!!!

Why?

Do they go into the salon and say I want a load of spikey bits on the back of me head!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I don't know what it's call but it's diar looking IMHO.. How would you manage that? I'd say the amount of maintenance involved is unreal..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I've no idea what hair do ye speak of....any pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

I think the name of the cut is a "mullett" although no one would actually go in and ask for that (I hope). From what I've gathered, hairdressers ahve just taken it upon themselves to chop all these short layers in our hair...it;s cruel and unnessecary if you ask me!! I've refused to get my hair cut since last december seeing as there were tears the last time when I came out looking like rod stewart!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nickgrime

Lola123 wrote:
    I think the name of the cut is a "mullett" although no one would actually go in and ask for that (I hope). From what I've gathered, hairdressers ahve just taken it upon themselves to chop all these short layers in our hair...it;s cruel and unnessecary if you ask me!! I've refused to get my hair cut since last december seeing as there were tears the last time when I came out looking like rod stewart!!!

Its not a mullet no. but close. The hair is long but then at the crown of the head its like all spikey!!!

I dont know.

Yeah do girls actually go into salons and ask for a mullet?

This pic is the closest I could find!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

In the hair communities I've lurked about in (aagh, my secret shame) they call it a fashion mullet, but I dunno what a hairdresser would think if you went in and asked for a 'fashion mullet'!

Apparently they come in all shapes and sizes. They can look nice on the right person but unfortunately they make a lot of people look like fashion victims:

Voila! http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/fashionmullethairfiles/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Oh right, yeah I've seen that on a few girls....I think it suits really funky looking chicks who can pull it off but in general no I don't really like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nickgrime

Gauge wrote:
    In the hair communities I've lurked about in (aagh, my secret shame) they call it a fashion mullet, but I dunno what a hairdresser would think if you went in and asked for a 'fashion mullet'!

Apparently they come in all shapes and sizes. They can look nice on the right person but unfortunately they make a lot of people look like fashion victims:

Voila! http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/fashionmullethairfiles/

Ha ha, those pics are hilarious!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭dollydrops

My younger sister went to the hairdressers about two weeks ago and came out in tears. She asked the hairdresser for short layers. She ended up coming out with what I can only explain as the leaves from a pineapple sticking out from her head! She was devastated. When she styled it herself though it didn't look too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

dollydrops wrote:
    My younger sister went to the hairdressers about two weeks ago and came out in tears. She asked the hairdresser for short layers. She ended up coming out with what I can only explain as the leaves from a pineapple sticking out from her head! She was devastated. When she styled it herself though it didn't look too bad.

Yeah the pineapple cut!!

Happened to a friend of mine too!! she went to the hairdressers and asked for layers and came out with the pineapple cut!!! she was in tears!!

I tried to tell her it didnt look that bad....but it did!! anyway we fixed it up!!

And like you said when she styled it herself it was alright!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Girls have been wearing this hairstyle in Barca for the last few yrs, always despised it for some reason, dunno why, I just think it looks gash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

This post has been deleted.

Yeah it does suit some girls!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I've been tempted by it before, but then I remind myself I'm not and never will be one of those achingly stylish and cool girls that manage to pull it off! It looks a bit crap if you don't have the overall look to go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

yeah you need to be slim, rocky and primed to within a inch of your life. then then it can be too try hard. it can look nice though.

Advertisement