Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How simulations are scored in MS exams

Options
  • 04-10-2007 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

For those of you wondering how it all works this post on MSL should be of some interest to you

http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/10/04/exam-simulations-nectar-of-the-gods.aspx

Main jist is
    Scoring new generation exams with a PB component
    • Your score report will include two different sections: one for your performance-based (PB) items and one for your non-performance based (i.e. multiple choice) items
    • The PB section will likely have fewer questions than the non-PB section, though all questions (PB and non-PB) have the same value per question. In other words, a multiple choice question is worth one “point”; a PB task is also worth one point.
    • You must pass both sections to receive a pass on these exams.
    • Scoring of PB items is based on the end state, rather than how you got there. In other words, we do not look at your path or number of clicks; if your end result is as intended, you have passed the question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Good 1'000 post Ginger!

I was wondering how the PB based exams worked. I think its a really good step on MS behalf to include the simulations it can only benefit. My favourite bit is
    You must pass both sections to receive a pass on these exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I think i might actually buy the subscription now..

Well it explains why some people who did simulation based exams such as the 431 exam fail when they manage to get 100% in the questions and a less than 70% in the sims..

I perfer the sims, there is a visual ref and if its a case of the end result is all that matters then you are fine

Advertisement