Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit of a long shot here..

• 04-10-2007 9:58am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Somebody did a very good deed for me last night and I have no way to thank them.. So this was the only means by which I could think of to possibly do so..

I went out yesterday evening to the Phoenix Park for a walk, parked my car at the Castleknock entrance and in my excitement I dropped my car keys (I'm assuming) as I was putting on my headphones and didn't realise they were gone until I had reached the opposite end of the park (Parkgate Street)... I have no spare keys for my car and was in a complete panic as I had left my handbag, purse, phone and a case with about e1,000 worth of makeup in it in my boot.. Anyway, I ended up having to ask some stranger if I could use his phone and he kindly agreed, I called my parents and had them come sit by my car til I reached the other end just incase somebody unsavoury picked them up and drove off in it.. So walking very slowing in the dark back through the inner footpath scanning the ground for my keys.. it took me around 40 very scary minutes to reach my parents, at which stage I was almost in tears, we mulled around the grass for a while looking and were about to give up when an elderly gentleman approached us from the small lodge at the entrance to the park and asked if this was my car… When I told him it was he produced my keys and told me a man had found them, tried them in my lock to make sure they were for my car and then locked it again and left them with him for me.. He had also left a note on my windscreen which I did not spot…

So anyway.. If you are the person who found my keys and left them for me.. Thank You so much :)

PS.. I know I was very stupid for going walking alone when its getting dark but I had anticipated being back at my car by the time it was completely dark… And yes I am ordering a second set of keys today.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm

now an entire web site full of people know you leave a second set of keys somewhere in your car :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Mordeth wrote:
    hrm

now an entire web site full of people know you leave a second set of keys somewhere in your car :)

Good thing they don't know what I drive ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

What a typical woman. You're balling your eyes out about makeup that you don't spot a note left on your windscreen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

a citreon xantia !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Mordeth wrote:
    hrm

Where does she say that? Am I missing something?

• Advertisement

a citreon xantia !!
    Nope :D Nice guess though

Oriel.. The note was tiny and it was pitch dark.. And I wasn't crying.. I said I was close to ;) And I was more worried about leaving it there over night with my phone and money etc in it.. Not to mention my house keys with god only knows what else with my address on it... I think I had every right to be upset.. :rolleyes:

she said she'll be getting a second set of keys.. I assumed the backup set wouldn't just be left on her person all the time...
    although now that I think about it a more sensible idea would be to leave them at home and ask the parents of friends to bring them to you.

hrm

think before you type

also, it was 1000 worth of makeup... if Ihad that much makeup I'd be worried about it too, although if I had that much makeup I'd probably have a lot more to be worried about.

fletch wrote:
    Where does she say that? Am I missing something?
    I'm assuming he was talking about the small time slot from when I get the new set of keys and the time I deposit them to a safe location ?? :confused: I think anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh I leave my spare keys at home with my parents in a filling cabinet, wouldn't be the greatest idea leaving them in the car! :D

Mordeth wrote:
    also, it was 1000 worth of makeup... if Ihad that much makeup I'd be worried about it too, although if I had that much makeup I'd probably have a lot more to be worried about.

Hardyharhar... I'm a part time makeup artist :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

i was referring to the fact that I'm a man, and don't typically wear make up :)

Mordeth wrote:
    i was referring to the fact that I'm a man, and don't typically wear make up :)

Oh right :D lol.. Sure, that's your story ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Mordeth wrote:
    Don't worry... we'll still love you no matter what lifestyle you choose for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Ok ok nothing to see here now... show's over folks,cmon. back up there Buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

Glad it all turned out for the best. Scary situation to be in.

Nice warm fuzzy feeling, that there is some decent people out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

E1,000 worth of make-up?

Fackin 'ell!

If you need that much, just wear a mask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

xzanti wrote:
    a case with about e1,000 worth of makeup in it in my boot..

:eek: :eek: :eek:

i think i owe my GF an apology....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I found your keys

send the reward to

James O Shea
    123 Fake Street
    Insure your make up
    Co. KeysCut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Get a spare key magnetic holder. Sticks under your car so you never lock yourself out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

xzanti wrote:
    Somebody did a very good deed for me last night and I have no way to thank them.. So this was the only means by which I could think of to possibly do so..

I went out yesterday evening to the Phoenix Park for a walk, parked my car at the Castleknock entrance and in my excitement I dropped my car keys (I'm assuming) as I was putting on my headphones and didn't realise they were gone until I had reached the opposite end of the park (Parkgate Street)... I have no spare keys for my car and was in a complete panic as I had left my handbag, purse, phone and a case with about e1,000 worth of makeup in it in my boot.. Anyway, I ended up having to ask some stranger if I could use his phone and he kindly agreed, I called my parents and had them come sit by my car til I reached the other end just incase somebody unsavoury picked them up and drove off in it.. So walking very slowing in the dark back through the inner footpath scanning the ground for my keys.. it took me around 40 very scary minutes to reach my parents, at which stage I was almost in tears, we mulled around the grass for a while looking and were about to give up when an elderly gentleman approached us from the small lodge at the entrance to the park and asked if this was my car… When I told him it was he produced my keys and told me a man had found them, tried them in my lock to make sure they were for my car and then locked it again and left them with him for me.. He had also left a note on my windscreen which I did not spot…

So anyway.. If you are the person who found my keys and left them for me.. Thank You so much :)

PS.. I know I was very stupid for going walking alone when its getting dark but I had anticipated being back at my car by the time it was completely dark… And yes I am ordering a second set of keys today.

It was me..now you have to go on a date with me!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Degsy wrote:
    It was me..now you have to go on a date with me!;)
    Most blokes use their wit, good looks and charm to bag a date with a lady. Degsy on the other hand steals their personal possessions and uses emotional blackmail in an effort to get his end away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Why did he try the keys in the car?? Not just hand them in? He would have looked a bit dodgy if you'd arrived back and he's standing there with your car door open!

Anyway, glad you got sorted.

sueme wrote:
    Why did he try the keys in the car?? Not just hand them in? He would have looked a bit dodgy if you'd arrived back and he's standing there with your car door open!

Anyway, glad you got sorted.

Cheers :)

I suppose he wanted to be sure which car they belonged to before leaving the note on the window...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

See this is why I carry a half-brick with me when I go out for a drive; it's cheaper than getting keys cut, and comes in handy during a carjacking....oh and no bastard's stealing my make up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

xzanti wrote:

Inspiring to know people like that still exist in this hell hole of a country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Jon wrote:
    Inspiring to know people like that still exist in this hell hole of a country!
    Depressing to know people like this, still exist in this wonderful country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Even more depressing for you Pigsy if you ever stand in front of me...

It'll be off to the vet for you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

biko wrote:
    Get a spare key magnetic holder. Sticks under your car so you never lock yourself out

Sounds like Homer's idea when he was designing a car in the Simpsons. He put a ball on everyone's ariel.

You see if everyone had that, then car thief's would be able to rob any car. Although that sounds kinda communist....all the car belong to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

You see if everyone had that, then car thief's would be able to rob any car. Although that sounds kinda communist....all the car belong to everyone.
    yes they should build in the key hiding pocket into every car as sandard and have it in the same place so it easier to find for everyone.....

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    Most blokes use their wit, good looks and charm to bag a date with a lady. Degsy on the other hand steals their personal possessions and uses emotional blackmail in an effort to get his end away.

Which is still head and shoulders above lacing thier food with animal tranquilisers and attempting to mount them in a trough of filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Call FM104, coz i think they are the only one's that would give a flying **** ;)

Nah im just messing, your really lucky. Remember this little rhyme every time you close a door.

"Spectacles, testacles, wallet and watch" You will never forget anything ever again.
    xzanti wrote:

Anti wrote:
    Call FM104, coz i think they are the only one's that would give a flying **** ;)
    QUOTE]

LOL :D

I didn't forget them.. I just dropped them on the ground when I was er warming up.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

xzanti wrote:
    Hardyharhar... I'm a part time makeup artist :rolleyes:

You draw pictures with makeup?

Mairt wrote:
    You draw pictures with makeup?

Only part time..read the post,damn you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

xzanti wrote:
    I didn't forget them.. I just dropped them on the ground when I was er warming up.. :rolleyes:

Looks like one of those Moro Ad "dirty" moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

xzanti wrote:

1000 euros worth of make up? Jeez Bertie you were very lucky there. It would not do to have you without your bit af slap on. Fair play to the good Samaritan there. That lack of slap could have lost you the vote of confidence, phew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I presume your car had central locking, so it was only a matter of pressing a button to find out which car they belonged to.

Who ever did this probably walks in the park regularly and will remember your car, just leave a large thank you note on the dash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Anti wrote:
    Nah im just messing, your really lucky. Remember this little rhyme every time you close a door.

"Spectacles, testacles, wallet and watch" You will never forget anything ever again.
    I don't have spectacles or a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

2 stroke wrote:
    I don't have spectacles or a watch.

Nor do i. I demand a new rhyme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

€1,000 of make-up isn't that much if you're a make-up artist, especially if you have decent make-up brushes too, as you'd expect from a make-up artist.

A MAC pigment is what, €25 or more? (I haven't bought one in a long time.) A juicy tube is almost €20. Decent eyeshadows are €15 each or more per colour, depending on the brand, and a make-up artist has to have a broad palette of colours. If you only have 20 that's an immediate €300 minimum. A few foundations for the different complexions you have to deal with (so you can blend to make the perfect one), some lipsticks/liners, mascara that won't flake off after an hour, eyeliners, concealers, base, they all add up. Plus, they have to be replaced when they run out. If you have the odd luxury item, like Touche Eclat, that takes another pop at your €1000. I suppose you're talking in the region of €200-€300 for the brushes then. And that's the bare bones of your kit, there's plenty more to fill in there too. I'd definitely have been crying at the thought of that being out of commission.

Pass the luck on, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

CXhicks with no make up rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

e1,000 worth of makeup in it in my boot.

...women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Blush_01 wrote:
    €1,000 of make-up isn't that much if you're a make-up artist, especially if you have decent make-up brushes too, as you'd expect from a make-up artist.

A MAC pigment is what, €25 or more? (I haven't bought one in a long time.) A juicy tube is almost €20. Decent eyeshadows are €15 each or more per colour, depending on the brand, and a make-up artist has to have a broad palette of colours. If you only have 20 that's an immediate €300 minimum. A few foundations for the different complexions you have to deal with (so you can blend to make the perfect one), some lipsticks/liners, mascara that won't flake off after an hour, eyeliners, concealers, base, they all add up. Plus, they have to be replaced when they run out. If you have the odd luxury item, like Touche Eclat, that takes another pop at your €1000. I suppose you're talking in the region of €200-€300 for the brushes then. And that's the bare bones of your kit, there's plenty more to fill in there too. I'd definitely have been crying at the thought of that being out of commission.

Your some man to talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Anti wrote:
    Remember this little rhyme every time you close a door.

S'funny, I thought that was a reminder for making the sign of the cross ... if you were male, of course ...

Blush_01 wrote:

Yeah sounds about right.. Are you a makeup artist? I'm only starting out so yeah I'm still building on my kit.. Sorry we're getting into F&A territory here now.. :D

Advertisement