Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Name

Options
  • 04-10-2007 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

Quick question - I've been running a small nixer on the side for a couple of years. The company I've been working with now wants to pay be by cheque - but only with the payment going to my company name (I asked for it to be addressed to my personal name). Is there a simple quick way of registering my business name and then changing my bank account to accept the cheque on behalf of my company??? Confused!!??
    Thanks a mill
    L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Go to ...
    http://www.cro.ie/en/business-registration-business-name.aspx

Fill in the form for a business name ...
    They'll send you out a business name cert or some such thing .. go into your bank with that ... and they'll hopefully be able to sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Hi,
    Just wondering if a sole trader who previously has traded under his or her own name registers a business name such as xyz can he or she still trade under his or her own name as well?
    Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yes.

Thanks, I downloaded the form and spotted theres a spot for other names that you're trading under. Thats great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

AFAIK you don't need to go via CRO if it's an incorporation of you own name EG "Louise 77 IT Services".

• Advertisement

No, it's the exact opposite, you need to register if it's anything other than your exact name.
    I.E. Trading as John Murphy is ok, John Murphy Builders would need to be registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Yea you got to go through the CRO takes about 2 weeks to get a cert then take it to the bank. But remember when you register you are above the rador with the tax man.

D.

It's not two weeks at the moment, they're taking a month or more. You can do it online via CORE -- you have to post a signature sheet but it's still quicker than the standard postal system as the form doesn't have to be transcribed. A client of mine waited 6 weeks or more for postal applications to process.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I was waiting a month for my RBN to come through. Done it via CORE and posted sig sheet and cheque same day, and it was just over 20 working days when I got it back, so you might expect some delay, however it could be just once off, as they are usually quite fast in my previous experience.

Seems to be seasonal, or just demand-based. The current backup has lasted since around the start of the year, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

(I manage domain name portfolios for companies that register new RBNs as supporting documentation for their IE domains, so I depend somehat on the IEDR.)

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement