Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cartell

Options
  • 04-10-2007 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anybody had the 4 star service from Cartell where you get a vehicle inspection. If so, what was it like and what was the waiting time to have the inspection carried out?

Thanks,

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 JohnW

I got the 4 Star on an A4 before i purchased it. The guy that came out looked the part, magnifying glass to look at the paintwork :rolleyes:
    He was so busy checking paintwork and windows that he missed the fact that it needed a new exhaust and the internal adjusters for the headlights were knackered :mad:
    Previously, i used Carcheck, and i would recommend them over Cartell anytime.
    But then, thats only my experience of them, maybe others can give you more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Cheers John,

Has anybody brought their car to Carsireland and had the 99€ inspection carried out. If so, what was it like.Was it thorough?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Woogie Boogie

i had a car brought into them a few months back and thought they were very good(actually got the seller to bring it in as I couldn't get off work) guy called me up on the phone after and gave me a list of little things that were about to go(fairly old car) but he actually said for the year and price he thought it was an ok buy but that I should try beat the seller up an other 300 euro to cover wheel bearings, missing battery cover etc which were going to cost me later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I don't know about Cartell but a used car is worth checking with a qualified mechanic.
    It could help in getting a better price if the problems are not major.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

i had a car brought into them a few months back and thought they were very good(actually got the seller to bring it in as I couldn't get off work) guy called me up on the phone after and gave me a list of little things that were about to go(fairly old car) but he actually said for the year and price he thought it was an ok buy but that I should try beat the seller up an other 300 euro to cover wheel bearings, missing battery cover etc which were going to cost me later on.

Bit drastic?

• Advertisement
Advertisement