Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Req: Bed....

• 04-10-2007 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Looking for something similar to THIS one in Argos.... Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere cheaper, online or instore...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I would have questions about the memory mattress at only €150 more than your bog standard mattress. They usually cost considerably more. You could buy a fake leather bed ( no mattress) like this ( sorry but imho yuk!) for much less.

Here's a link to a genuine leather sleigh bed for €699
    http://www.mattress.ie/Oakdale-Bedstead-King-p-18285.html

Spend the €300 you save on a decent mattress ( rather than a cheap memory one) and maybe a memory foam topper. BTW have you tried a memory foam bed? A lot of people find them very hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The argos bead frame is €589... The matress is this one as far as i remember, at €520 I wouldnt call it cheap...

By hot I take it u mean they retain a lot of body heat?? If so I dont think I'll get one, cant stick the heat...

Dont like shiny leather....

Perhaps they have the leather one in a matt coulour.

Memory foam mattresses are very warm and the genuine ones are very expensive, ( my tempura pillow cost €70). If I had a grand to spend I'd spend more on the mattress than the base. 1/3 of your life etc..

I can buy the base now, save up a few squid extra n get the matress next month...

Any recommendations for matress's then, n pillows(need new ones badly)

These are pretty good orthopedic sleeping pillows, were available in Tesco last month from jml, €25 I think.http://www.jmldirect.com/Memory-Foam-Pillow-PM1181/ For propping up and reading I wouldn't spend more than a €5 on a pillow. Try pennys.

As for a mattress, king coil are pretty good. Why don't you pop in to Arnotts bed department and talk to someone and have a little lie down. You don't have to buy from them but they can advise you as to firmness vs softness sprung vs foam etc. I have a respa serenade from bargaintown ( ok, a bit too firm), pretty reliable brand and good price, about £200, 5 years ago. My dream mattress would be by harrison. Pricey - see Arnotts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Kat1170

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Thats for a single... €404 for the double n I need a king size(I need my space).. Thanks for the note tho...

Gonna be getting a bed at the end of the month, been getting about 4hrs sleep a night... Doing my head in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rcly123

Hey,
    Kinda related.

Just got a visco-elastic(a.k.a. "memory foam") + coil mattress: it's a combination mattress which is turnable and has 10yr guarantee.

498euro (4ft 6 (or 135x190))

Special offer: Furniture store on Mary Street, just off Capel Street (H&S furniture).

Comfortable. Happy I bought it. It's firm and sinky.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

rcly123 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Kinda related.

Just got a visco-elastic(a.k.a. "memory foam") + coil mattress: it's a combination mattress which is turnable and has 10yr guarantee.

498euro (4ft 6 (or 135x190))

Special offer: Furniture store on Mary Street, just off Capel Street (H&S furniture).

Comfortable. Happy I bought it. It's firm and sinky.

Do you know name of the shop as i am looking for a 6' version? I can't get to shop i'm in the midlands but would call them on phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

colmranger wrote: »
    Do you know name of the shop as i am looking for a 6' version? I can't get to shop i'm in the midlands but would call them on phone.

This may be them ?

http://www.goldenpages.ie/detailsSearch.ds?detailsListingId=IE_30528135_9999_1001&tab=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rcly123

Ya H.S. Furniture I think is over name outside

Advertisement