Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddle recommendations?

Options
  • 04-10-2007 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent saddle for a hybrid bike? Mines fallen apart and needs replacing (standard job that came with my Specialized Sirrus)

I'm not looking for a hard leather job that I have to wear in, and I like my nads the shape they are, so I don't want a bulbous front bit that massages my prostate as I cycle :D

I commute every day and do the occasional 30km spin - max 100km a week these days, so any advice welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

milod wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a decent saddle for a hybrid bike? Mines fallen apart and needs replacing (standard job that came with my Specialized Sirrus)

I'm not looking for a hard leather job that I have to wear in, and I like my nads the shape they are, so I don't want a bulbous front bit that massages my prostate as I cycle :D

I commute every day and do the occasional 30km spin - max 100km a week these days, so any advice welcome...

I have a spare one you can have if you want it -will check the exact model later, but it's comfy and in perfect nick... pm me if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I found the Selle San Marco to perform grand till I moved to a hard leather job. Cheap, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

A bit pricey but THIS was the best 90 blips I've spent on cycling. It's a lot more comfortable than it looks. I've never had any saddle problems since I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I used to use San Marco Rolls saddles and assumed that all saddles were mean't to be that uncomfortable. Sitting on them without proper cycling shorts was actually painful. I chagned to to a Specialized Alias (see clown bag's post below) and was amazed at the difference. It took a couple of rides to get used to but the difference is amazing.

Advertisement